Notices

Old 11-27-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
ajju
Veteran mobile reader
ajju began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1.0
Kindle now fully out of stock, no estimated delivery date

Quote:
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
This item will arrive after December 24
Without actual sales figures, it's hard to tell if they projected demand conservatively or demand was insanely high.

Last edited by ajju; 11-27-2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Fixed title
ajju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
runciter
runciter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Good news for the ebook market in general. I'd assume they were largely conservative and demand outpaced supply, but that is a typical situation since you never want to have capacity to meet the initial demand since it spikes in the beginning and generally slackens so you'd have excess capacity in your factories. At least they let you continue to order so they can gauge the continued interest. I suspect a lot of people adopted an initial wait and see attitude and the largely positive initial reviews cause a second spike of purchases trying to get in before Christmas. Now that the Christmas schedule has passed I'd imagine sales will cool with people possibly waiting to see if anything will happen after Christmas (doubtful).
runciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Yes, but this is a good time for the person that was trying to sell the Kindle on ebay for $599 to try again. This is going to be a fun circus to watch!
Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Ah! Glad I got mine delivered yesterday! So far it is great, significantly better than the first gen Sony (which I also have).

Frankly, I don't see what all the whining is about - it is a great reader.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote