Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 12:07 PM   #34621
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Last night, a wee dram of Central City's Lohin McKinnon Single Malt -- a BC distillery trying something interesting.

But this morning? Murchie's Balmoral Blend tea
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lohin McKinnon.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	159641  
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #34622
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Starting my second mug of tea for the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #34623
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Tetley British Blend
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #34624
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Murchie's English Breakfast Blend tea. A good EB type, but one that requires at least 205F water to brew properly. At 190F, it's insipid.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:07 PM   #34625
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Torpedo Extra IPA and some not-so-fancy Jim Beam.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #34626
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Second tea on a day that finally feels like October!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #34627
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Faux San Pellegrino as I watch curling.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:23 PM   #34628
cromag

The very last tea of the day.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:13 AM   #34629
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Ah, the only Talisker of the day
Old 10-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #34630
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Twinings Prince of Wales

I'd been kind of ignoring this one, but decided to try some again. Since it tasted like a weak Keemun before, I decided to let it steep eight minutes instead of my normal four. It's really quite good. There's no bitterness to speak of, so it seems to benefit from as long a soak as you care to give it.

This is the loose leaf. I'll have to try the tea bags again, but I recall those being pretty wretched.

EDIT: Nope. The bags are crap.

Last edited by Difflugia; 10-30-2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: The tea bags are crap.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #34631
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Twinings Prince of Wales

EDIT: Nope. The bags are crap.
Not surprising. Sounds like this is a tea that needs careful treatment to get the best out of it. Bags aren't conducive to that, as you know.

I'm just finishing a morning coffee, and waiting for my Peet's Irish Breakfast Blend tea to steep. I steep this at 205F for 3 minutes in a pre-warmed pot. Any lower temperature and it gets one-dimensional, and any longer steep and it takes milk to cut the bitterness. But like this? A wonderful breakfast blend. Full bodied and astringent, without being 'builder's tea'.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #34632
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Thirteen hours into a power outage here and perforce my morning libation was Dunkin' Donuts dark roast, black, no sugar. It was vile. I picked it because it was closest, but next time I'll go farther afield. I don't get New England's love affair with Dunkin' Donuts.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:00 PM   #34633
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Thirteen hours into a power outage here and perforce my morning libation was Dunkin' Donuts dark roast, black, no sugar. It was vile. I picked it because it was closest, but next time I'll go farther afield. I don't get New England's love affair with Dunkin' Donuts.
Sort of like Canadian's love affair with Tim Horton's. The donuts I get. But the coffee? Sigh.

Moving on to faux San Pellegrino for the rest of the day.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:55 PM   #34634
cromag

First tea of the day, finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm on the road three days a week these days. I get a break in the vicinity of a couple of strip malls/shopping centers that are across the street from each other. One has a Starbucks, the other has a Dunkin Donuts. I stop at the Dunkin and have a large "to go" coffee. I don't like coffee well enough to be able to really distinguish between good and great, but Starbucks coffee has always tasted burnt to me. On the other hand, I was willing to drink Starbucks coffee when I was regularly driving the NY Thruway.

The other benefit of the Dunkin Donuts is that it's in the corner on the second story of the shopping center and has a wrap-around, roofed patio. I can sit outside and read even if it's raining.

EDIT: There are two Tim Hortons in my state, and one of them is about five minutes away. I haven't stopped by yet.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:10 PM   #34635
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Ginger rooibos tea -- queasy tonight - hoping it's not a migraine aura ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?