Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #151
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Device: Kobo H2O, Paperwhite 3, Oasis 2, Pocketbook HD, Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWorm View Post
That doesn't work for me. Pressing the home button just freezes Koreader up. Powering down without exiting Koreader will shut the book off, but it messes up the screensaver.
Okay, played around some more and figured it out. If I turn the screensaver in Koreader off then the home key takes me home with no problems.

Thanks for the tip, mobama.
ElWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #152
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Since version 20180410 Koreader officially supports the Inkpad 3.
Another big enhancement would be support for natural light settings, as it is implemented for Kobo devices. It is working in blchinezu's fork of Cool Reader. Sadly I am lacking the needed programming skills
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #153
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Another big enhancement would be support for natural light settings, as it is implemented for Kobo devices. It is working in blchinezu's fork of Cool Reader. Sadly I am lacking the needed programming skills
Tracked here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3856
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:00 AM   #154
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWorm View Post
Okay, played around some more and figured it out. If I turn the screensaver in Koreader off then the home key takes me home with no problems.

Thanks for the tip, mobama.
How can I turn the screensaver off?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #155
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
How can I turn the screensaver off?
If none of the Screensaver options, in the reader menu, work for you, could you describe what you like to have display, while the device is suspended?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #156
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Thx, Frenzie!
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #157
framorg
Enthusiast
framorg began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3 and Pocketbook Pro603
Hi all,
From which pocketbook reader can you use the koReader?
Does he already work on the Pro 603?
If so please send me the download link.
I've tried several different newer versions, but I can not get it running on my Pocktebook Pro 603.
Many Thanks
framorg
framorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #158
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you're willing to get slightly technical (nothing too hard), the crash.log file in the /koreader folder will contain an error message containing the codename. "unrecognized PocketBook model PocketBook 1234". Please share that message.

Then just for testing you can replace these lines with something like:

Code:
elseif codename == "PocketBook 603" then
    return PocketBook624
Of course "PocketBook 603" will have to read what it actually says. That's just a guess based on what you wrote. The return PocketBook624 can remain the same for testing.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:43 AM   #159
Edemen
Enthusiast
Edemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I have PB Touch Lux 3 and installed KOReader on it.
I set up other margins and spacing in the default file.
I would like to reduce the indentation of the first line but I do not know how to do it.
Does anyone know if it is possible and how to do it?
Edemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:21 PM   #160
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edemen View Post
I have PB Touch Lux 3 and installed KOReader on it.
I set up other margins and spacing in the default file.
I would like to reduce the indentation of the first line but I do not know how to do it.
Does anyone know if it is possible and how to do it?
Paragraph indents are set within the css file being used - in the book, or in the relevant Koreader css file, depending upon whether you have set the reader to use the publisher's css style.

Koreader's css files can be found within the Koreader files on the Pocketbook under /data.

Whether you want to start messing with css files is a different matter.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:15 AM   #161
Edemen
Enthusiast
Edemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Thanks

I will not play in css if it is not possible to change the default file.
Edemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #162
Frenzie
Wizard

You can actually activate your own CSS tweaks/overrides thanks to some recent additions by @poire-z. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3944

(Also you can always change the default CSS file. The only problem is that wouldn't stick when updating.)
Old 07-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #163
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is there a way to get KOreader, when opened from the app menu, to automatically open the last read book?
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #164
Frenzie
Wizard

In the file manager, if you choose "start with: last opened document" I imagine that should also work on Pocketbook.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:34 AM   #165
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
In the file manager, if you choose "start with: last opened document" I imagine that should also work on Pocketbook.
Thanks. I've been exploring the menus now and Koreader packs more useful features than Pocketbook's stock reader. I also managed to enable double tab to switch chapters, which should rid me of the necessity to use Fbreader at all.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook