Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #31
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
When you run the plugin, it generates a footnote.css file. When you run it again (which, btw., I would advise against, since the new footnote's numbers would be duplicate, beginning all over from no. 1, and it's a sheer hell to sort that out), the footnote.css exists, and hence "Manifest Id is not unique".

That might be fixed by letting the plugin check for existing footnote.css - I'll look into it next weekend - but still, this is not footnotes the MSWord/Libreoffice way, and I doubt it's possible to get that functionality in Sigil. (But ideas are welcome, and anyone are welcome to tamper with my probably rather crude coding.)

Regards,

Kim
Thank you very much for your fast answer. Regarding the ID footnotes number, maybe the plugin could ask the user for the number of the next footnote. Of that way, footnotes number never will be duplicated. And indeed, after erasing "footnote.css", the plugin works, although, footnotes number are duplicated as you said.

So, after you explained me how works your plugin, I could manage a bit the issue by doing the following:

1) By erasing "footnote.css"
2) By opening "plugin.py" and changing manually the values for "lastid" and "fnid".

But of course, if you can check the existence of "footnote.css" and add a field for your plugin where the user can write the number of the next footnote would be great

Many thanks again for your answer!
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #32
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
New version 0.2.0

I' ve uploaded a new version of the plugin in post #1 of this thread, adressing some of RbnJrg's needs.

It should be considered a beta-version, so don't run it on original/production files until you're satisfied it works as expected.

For those who likes dissection code: it's a mess, I know that, but this is more or less a "learning by doing"-project for me, and I must confess, I find python's way of handling variables and the necessity to use indents rather confusing (I'm coming from Lotus Notes/VBA/Object Pascal). So it's more or less: Hey, this works, I'll use it

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #33
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I' ve uploaded a new version of the plugin in post #1 of this thread, adressing some of RbnJrg's needs.

It should be considered a beta-version, so don't run it on original/production files until you're satisfied it works as expected.

For those who likes dissection code: it's a mess, I know that, but this is more or less a "learning by doing"-project for me, and I must confess, I find python's way of handling variables and the necessity to use indents rather confusing (I'm coming from Lotus Notes/VBA/Object Pascal). So it's more or less: Hey, this works, I'll use it

Regards,

Kim
Many thanks but when I try to install it, I receive a Sigil message that is not a valid plugin. What am I doing wrong? (I'm using Python 3.6)

Rubén
Old 02-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #34
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Many thanks but when I try to install it, I receive a Sigil message that is not a valid plugin. What am I doing wrong? (I'm using Python 3.6)
My bad. Just rename the zip file to ePub2-Notes_0.2.0.zip - that is, the last - should be _. I'll correct the file in post no. 1 later.

It's made with Python 3.6 and tested under Sigil's builtin P. 3.5, and since I'm not using anything advanced, neither version should pose any problems - just the damned underscore

Regards,

Kim

Last edited by elibrarian; 02-20-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #35
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
My bad. Just rename the zip file to ePub2-Notes_0.2.0.zip - that is, the last - should be _. I'll correct the file in post no. 1 later.

It's made with Python 3.6 and tested under Sigil's builtin P. 3.5, and since I'm not using anything advanced, neither version should pose any problems - just the damned underscore

Regards,

Kim
It works perfectly!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #36
AtomicDecay
AtomicDecay began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
FYI, the 0.2.0 beta script is using 'tilbage' instead of 'back' for the link on the bottom of the page. Unless that's intended as a step in the subtle 'Dane World Domination' plan.

Otherwise, the script works great so far.
AtomicDecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:58 AM   #37
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicDecay View Post
FYI, the 0.2.0 beta script is using 'tilbage' instead of 'back' for the link on the bottom of the page.
"Back" is back …

Quote:
Unless that's intended as a step in the subtle 'Dane World Domination' plan.
Damn! We were so close

Quote:
Otherwise, the script works great so far.
Good to know, thanks!

Regards,

Kim
Old 03-14-2017, 09:02 AM   #38
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I love an ingenious plugin as much as anyone! But note that Word has full support for endnotes and that, as long as Paragraph Styles have been strictly used, an epub conversion by Calibre supports them very well.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #39
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
I love an ingenious plugin as much as anyone! But note that Word has full support for endnotes and that, as long as Paragraph Styles have been strictly used, an epub conversion by Calibre supports them very well.
Please note that many people who use Sigil and/or Sigil plugins aren't always that interested in inserting calibre into their epub making/editing workflow. In addition to this plugin, there's also several Sigil docx/odt import plugins that will honor Word/OpenOffice endnotes just as well (without the need for a conversion by an external program).

If there's something that can be done with calibre that can't be done with Sigil or Sigil plugins (or if someone specifically asks about calibre functionality), by all means, share (where relevant). I'm certainly no enemy of calibre, after all. But otherwise, consider leaving the random calibre lessons for the calibre/EPUB forums, please.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-14-2017 at 09:29 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:20 AM   #40
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
I know. So does LibreOffice and probably most other wordprocessor or layout software worth it's salt. This plugin - like PanDoc, that inspired it - is not meant as a replacement for this, but some of us (me, for instance) doesn't use wordprocessors to make epubs, but want the full control of codes and css by using a programmable texteditor + Sigil. So after making around 400 notes for my danish epub-edition of Thackeray's Vanity Fair in NoteTab, I had to do something to make it a more manageable task to put them into the ePub - which has led to me to make this plugin

Regards,

Kim
Old 03-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #41
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I fully support your freedom to do things the tecchy way! But you might be surprised at how clean the epub code is from a properly structured Word document converted by the generally-available tools. No-one's suggesting it shouldn't then be enhanced in Sigil.

The easiest money I ever earned was an epub conversion from a book created in Word, by someone who knew how to use Word properly. A rare occurrence!
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #42
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
Add to code (line 71):
Code:
            # only once for each file with notes
            cssexist = re.search(r'\.\.\/Styles\/footnote\.css', html)
            if not cssexist:
And the plugin will not insert the repeated link to the footnote.css file after running again.
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:19 AM   #43
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Add to code (line 71):
Code:
            # only once for each file with notes
            cssexist = re.search(r'\.\.\/Styles\/footnote\.css', html)
            if not cssexist:
And the plugin will not insert the repeated link to the footnote.css file after running again.
Thanks for that!

I've updated the plugin as per your suggestion, and uploaded a new version 0.2.1 to the first post of this thread. Also I've updated the intro/userguide pdf.

Since we don't do epub-2 any more, it's unlikely the plugin will be further developed (unless someone catches an error). I might have an epub-3-savvy version in the works, but at present this is not ready for the rest of the world to see.

Regards,

Kim
Old 01-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #44
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I'm on an ebook with several notes. At the end of editing, I ran the plugin, and it recognized almost all of the notes; only one remained unrecognized. I ran it once more, with the same result. Then, I wrote the text inside the brackets completely anew, suspicioning that it might be a formatting issue. Now I ran the plugin once more, and the note was recognized. Nevertheless, I got the following error message:

Code:

Section0001.xhtml Text/Section0001.xhtml No notes found
Section0002.xhtml Text/Section0002.xhtml No notes found
Section0003.xhtml Text/Section0003.xhtml No notes found
Section0004.xhtml Text/Section0004.xhtml No notes found
Section0005.xhtml Text/Section0005.xhtml No notes found
Section0006.xhtml Text/Section0006.xhtml Note 1:Das Buch von Reinhard Junker und Siegfried Scherer »Evolution –ein kritisches Lehrbuch« empfehlen wir sehr für alle, die sich näher mit diesem Thema beschäftigen möchten (Weyel Verlag, Gießen, 1998).
Section0006.xhtml Text/Section0006.xhtml No notes found
Section0007.xhtml Text/Section0007.xhtml No notes found
Section0023.xhtml Text/Section0023.xhtml No notes found
Section0008.xhtml Text/Section0008.xhtml No notes found
Section0024.xhtml Text/Section0024.xhtml No notes found
Section0009.xhtml Text/Section0009.xhtml No notes found
Section0010.xhtml Text/Section0010.xhtml No notes found
Section0011.xhtml Text/Section0011.xhtml No notes found
Section0025.xhtml Text/Section0025.xhtml No notes found
Section0012.xhtml Text/Section0012.xhtml No notes found
Section0013.xhtml Text/Section0013.xhtml No notes found
Section0014.xhtml Text/Section0014.xhtml No notes found
Section0015.xhtml Text/Section0015.xhtml No notes found
Section0016.xhtml Text/Section0016.xhtml No notes found
Section0017.xhtml Text/Section0017.xhtml No notes found
Section0018.xhtml Text/Section0018.xhtml No notes found
Section0019.xhtml Text/Section0019.xhtml No notes found
Section0020.xhtml Text/Section0020.xhtml No notes found
Section0021.xhtml Text/Section0021.xhtml No notes found
Section0022.xhtml Text/Section0022.xhtml No notes found
Section0026.xhtml Text/Section0026.xhtml No notes found
Section0027.xhtml Text/Section0027.xhtml No notes found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "C:\Users\Jürgen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub2-Notes\plugin.py", line 37, in run
    bk.addfile(uid, basename, cssdata, mime)
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\bookcontainer.py", line 178, in addfile
    self._w.addfile(uniqueid, basename, data, mime, properties, fallback, overlay)
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\wrapper.py", line 585, in addfile
    raise WrapperException('Manifest Id is not unique')
wrapper.WrapperException: Manifest Id is not unique
Error: Manifest Id is not unique
Sigil version 0.9.10; the plugin is version 0.1.2. Win 10, 32 bit.
Looking at the OPF file, I couldn't identify any issue, and neither epubcheck, Flightcrew and Calibre found any error.
Could someone help, please?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:15 PM   #45
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I'm on an ebook with several notes. At the end of editing, I ran the plugin, and it recognized almost all of the notes; only one remained unrecognized. I ran it once more, with the same result. Then, I wrote the text inside the brackets completely anew, suspicioning that it might be a formatting issue. Now I ran the plugin once more, and the note was recognized. Nevertheless, I got the following error message:

Code:

<-- snip -->

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "C:\Users\Jürgen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub2-Notes\plugin.py", line 37, in run
    bk.addfile(uid, basename, cssdata, mime)
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\bookcontainer.py", line 178, in addfile
    self._w.addfile(uniqueid, basename, data, mime, properties, fallback, overlay)
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\wrapper.py", line 585, in addfile
    raise WrapperException('Manifest Id is not unique')
wrapper.WrapperException: Manifest Id is not unique
Error: Manifest Id is not unique
Sigil version 0.9.10; the plugin is version 0.1.2. Win 10, 32 bit.
Looking at the OPF file, I couldn't identify any issue, and neither epubcheck, Flightcrew and Calibre found any error.
Could someone help, please?
When you run the the plugin the second time on the same file, it will *try* to delete the previously inserted "footnote.css". If it's not succesfull, this error will occur. If you delete footnote.css manually before running the plugin, this error should not occur.

Also, check that you have the newest version of the plugin, with code from BeckyEbook to avoid this situation entirely.

Regards,

Kim

Last edited by elibrarian; 01-04-2019 at 01:18 PM.