Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
b3ta
Enthusiast
b3ta began at the beginning.

Device: none
Only sync certain Pocket links?

As title really - I only want to sync certain article links to my Kobo from Pocket. Does anyone know if there is a way to do that?
b3ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
In Your Account settings You can set the email of Your Pocket account. and then you have two ways: either complete synchronization or from "my articles" you can synchronize only those.
Remember that not each file from the net is considered an "article".
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
b3ta
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
In Your Account settings You can set the email of Your Pocket account. and then you have two ways: either complete synchronization or from "my articles" you can synchronize only those.
Remember that not each file from the net is considered an "article".
On the Kobo I just see a ‘Article Management’ section telling me how many articles have been downloaded. I don’t see any other syncing options anywhere (and I don’t remember how I got _these_ articles to download!)
Old 03-26-2020, 01:29 AM   #4
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are 3 little points in the right above the articles list, tap in and see. The other 3 little points will be about single articles. The complete synchronization will also do the job.

But if Your problem is how to obtain new pocket articles (it is no clear for me) then there are pocket extensions for all most important browsers and for android ecc.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:50 AM   #5
b3ta
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
There are 3 little points in the right above the articles list, tap in and see. The other 3 little points will be about single articles. The complete synchronization will also do the job.

But if Your problem is how to obtain new pocket articles (it is no clear for me) then there are pocket extensions for all most important browsers and for android ecc.
I want to sync certain articles only from Pocket to Kobo (as I use Pocket as a bookmark manager, so don’t need most things sent over).

Those three dots only give actions to apply to all articles - as does the ‘Manage Downloads’ option. There’s no way to choose only specific articles to be synced - it seems to be all or nothing
Advert
Old 03-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #6
ps67
Guru

Yes, it is impossible to choose wich article You want, You can eliminate them from Your Kobo (but not from Pocket) after donwloaded. But anyway the article will remain visible for an eventual future download.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:39 PM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Do not use Pocket as a Bookmark Manager!

Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote