Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
procyon
copyleft librarian
procyon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
custom metadata on kindle

I am having trouble with my Kindle Voyage not recognizing my metadata and plugboard settings.

For instance, I changed the Tile of "Game of Thrones" to "Game of Thrones - Illustrated." Added the series information "Song of Ice and Fire."

I then created the plugboard: {series}{series_index:0>2s| #| – }{title} and assigned it to the "title" field.

However, my book still appears on the device with the original metadata.
procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to delete, disconnect and resend.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2017, 01:46 AM   #3
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Thank you, I tried that with partial results. The specifics--the title of one book was indeed changed to the new. However, series information still does not show. The titles I loaded for which no metadata change at all i.e. title nor author fields-- are kcc processed comics. Not sure if that is relevant or not. I tried deleting them with the Kindle, with Calibre, and manually deleting from the command line. The comics still load with the metadata created at the time of kcc creation.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:49 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You cannot update metadata in joint MOBI files, only "old" MOBI or azw3. Presumably your KCC files are joint MOBIs.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:15 AM   #5
Manrico
Manrico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra
As Calibre can now import KFX metadata from Kindle and sideload KFX files, is there a chance that metadata plugboards can be made to work also for KFX files?
Manrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2017, 03:28 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's not on my radar as the KFX code was contributed by jhowell. You'd have to ask him if he is willing to contribute a KFX metadata writer plugin as well.

Tags
metadata plugboard