Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
Joretapo
Joretapo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara hd
Progress sync between koreader and ios

Hello everyone,
I have been browsing the board and using the information to install koreader on my clara hd. I also installed calibre on my computer. It is a nice setup but i d like to be able to continue reading on my iphone.

Here is my question :
Can someone recommend an app for ios that can sync book progress with koreader on clara hd?

Thanks in advance
Joretapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(This also probably ought to be moved to the KOReader forum ^^).

While the answer's probably going to be no, you'll have to detail which app you're reading with on iOS for a definitive answer (which is going to be no ^^).

As there's no standard for this (anywhere), the usual approach for multi-platform reading is to rely on the native KOReader <-> KOReader sync feature.
Except KOReader doesn't run on iOS, because Apple.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2020, 04:03 PM   #3
Joretapo
Joretapo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara hd
Thanks for your answer, sorry for posting here, if a moderator can move the post to the koreader forum.
Right now i use ibooks bit it obviously won t work so i m willing to use whatever app can sync with koreader.
Joretapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:45 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then, yeah, the answer is no, because Apple x2 ^^.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:55 PM   #5
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Except KOReader doesn't run on iOS, because Apple.
I wonder if it would run in iSH + VNC.

Last edited by geek1011; 10-26-2020 at 06:59 PM.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I wonder if it would run in iSH + VNC.
The actual UI relies on SDL2 on standard Linux, so, assuming that runs, why not (it does apparently work in WSL, for example).

Otherwise, a CLI-only workflow just to pull data out of it would require "some" Lua scripting. And would only cover half of the equation, since if you're not actually *reading* with KOReader, you may have your data, but it's data that nothing else will know what to do with ^^.