Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-03-2020, 11:27 AM   #1
morlaa
morlaa began at the beginning.

Device: likebook mars
likebook mars and calibre on debian

hello,

i got my new likebook mars today and it is not recognised by calibre. i updated calibre to 4.8, and have no devices in the "ignored devices" list.
when i plug in the likebook the file manager nautilus mounts the device and i can access everything. now i read that mtp can only handle one connection. but when i unmount the likebook or shutdown nautilus it still does not show up in calibre. but also when i unmount it and want to remount it in nautilus i get a mistake. so i suspect that something is wrong with mtp.
my question now - does anyone have a hint how to restart mtp or read mtp logs or tell nautilus not to claim the likebook first ?

thank you very much

morlaa

- following the output of the calibre diagnosis:

calibre 4.8 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-5.3.0-3-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-bullseye-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.3.0-3-amd64', '#1 SMP Debian 5.3.15-1 (2019-12-07)')
Python 2.7.16
Linux: ('debian', 'bullseye/sid', '')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 6, 2) && K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM (0, 3, 5) && KePub Input (3, 0, 0) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 0, 2) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4)
USB devices on system:
[['0xbdb', '0x1926', '0x0', u'Lenovo', u'H5321 gw', u'AFD6BF1D1E9EF7M0'],
['0x4f2',
'0xb2ea',
'0x520',
u'Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.',
u'Integrated Camera',
u''],
['0xd8c',
'0x14',
'0x100',
u'C-Media Electronics Inc.',
u'USB Audio Device',
u''],
['0x2207', '0x1', '0x310', u'Boyue', u'Likebook-T80D', u'CNBT80D20190900356'],
['0xbda',
'0x8153',
'0x3000',
u'Realtek',
u'USB 10/100/1000 LAN',
u'000001000000']]

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
MTP devices connected:
USBDevice(busnum=1, devnum=11, vendor_id=0x2207, product_id=0x0001, bcd=0x0310, manufacturer=Boyue, product=Likebook-T80D, serial=CNBT80D20190900356)

Trying to open: USBDevice(busnum=1, devnum=11, vendor_id=0x2207, product_id=0x0001, bcd=0x0310, manufacturer=Boyue, product=Likebook-T80D, serial=CNBT80D20190900356)
Opening device failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 150, in debug_managed_device_detection
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 125, in open
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 25, in synchronizer
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 224, in open
OpenFailed: Failed to open USBDevice(busnum=1, devnum=11, vendor_id=0x2207, product_id=0x0001, bcd=0x0310, manufacturer=Boyue, product=Likebook-T80D, serial=CNBT80D20190900356): Error: Unable to open MTP device with busnum=1 and devnum=11, tried 1 such devices

Looking for devices of type: SMART_DEVICE_APP
All IP addresses {u'enx503eaa69b528': [{'netmask': u'255.255.240.0', 'broadcast': u'10.0.15.255', 'addr': u'10.0.4.185'}], u'anbox0': [{'netmask': u'255.255.255.0', 'broadcast': u'192.168.250.1', 'addr': u'192.168.250.1'}], u'lo': [{'peer': u'127.0.0.1', 'netmask': u'255.0.0.0', 'addr': u'127.0.0.1'}]}
No device is connected

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
morlaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
You can disable the automount of MTP devices. I guess you're using a Gnome/gtk DE. These normally use gvfs as a backend to talk to libmtp. Edit /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/mtp.mount and set AutoMount=false.

If automount is already false on your distro then you need to look up for options inside your filemanager.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #3
morlaa

great, thank you, that set me on a good track

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
You can disable the automount of MTP devices. I guess you're using a Gnome/gtk DE. These normally use gvfs as a backend to talk to libmtp. Edit /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/mtp.mount and set AutoMount=false.
that has been set to false, so i installed the dconf-editor and found in there org > gnome > desktop > media-handling and turned off both
automount and automount-open.

that works well - just that now i have to manually mount all other usb-devices.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Moved this thread to Boyue where it belongs, for future reference.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:06 PM   #5
morlaa

Thank you Dale.

To make things easier: I found out how to change this value in the command-line - as normal user. Actually its only the automount value :

Code:
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount false
To switch automount on again I use:

Code:
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount true

Last edited by morlaa; 10-04-2020 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:26 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
That didn't stop MTP devices loading on my linux, likely because I don't use Gnome. But my phone and tablet work on Linux and Calibre by just right click unmount on the icon and then running Calibre.

Doesn't work for the 8.1 Android Mars with 4.23 Calibre. Do I need a later version of Calibre even though the Lenovo Tablet is 8.x Android and works as above?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #7
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
That didn't stop MTP devices loading on my linux, likely because I don't use Gnome. But my phone and tablet work on Linux and Calibre by just right click unmount on the icon and then running Calibre.

Doesn't work for the 8.1 Android Mars with 4.23 Calibre. Do I need a later version of Calibre even though the Lenovo Tablet is 8.x Android and works as above?
I keep all my books on a External SD card with a speed rating of A1 or A2 Android SD speed rating.
the books must only be placed inside the root directory inside a sub-directory named "books"(all lower case letters).
E.G. "/books"
with the latest Likebook Mars update the usb is running at a snails pace.
I gave up on using the usb with calibre.
Instead i power down likebook and remove SD card.
I insert SD card in my computer and mount it.
i start up calibre.
in main menu i click on "Connect/Share" and click on "Connect to Folder"
then Navigate to SD card and click on "/books"
this mounts the "/books" directory on the SD card as a "Device" that acts like a ebook reader as far as calibre is concerned.

just manage your books on this "Device" the same ways as you did originally with your ebook reader.
the BIG difference it works at a very very much faster time than using the usb cable.
cuts the time using calibre to manage your ebooks by a great margin.
when you have finished managing your books on the calibre "Device"
in the Main menu right-click on "Device" and select "Eject this device"
then in computers file manager unmount/eject SD card
reinsert SD into Likebook and power-up Likebook.
.the likebook will take a long time to error check SD card then scan only inside '/books' directory for new books and then add all found books to its books catalogue listing file.
Now on clicking on the Library tab a new window will open with 4 icons named =
Personal Space,WifiTransfer,Bluetooth and Books.

click on the Books icon (books catalog listing file)
a new window will show all your books.

at the top right hand side click on the far right icon (image made from 3 horizontal lines one above another) and click on "Scan Books" to check for new books if you want to recheck or click on "Books Search" to look for a particular book title..
note get one of the new SD cards with the new Android speed rating of A1 or even better A2 rating for fastest books scanning/searching.

Last edited by raygj; 01-21-2021 at 04:50 PM.
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:57 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have the books copied to SD card, but obviously the Calibre concept of a folder structure doesn't work well. The Library interface is more like a file browser and search or ordering seems useless.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. But this seems terrible compare to Sony, Binatone, Nook, Kindle or Kobo Book/Library view.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:55 PM   #9
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

[QUOTE=Quoth;4084853]I did the power off, SD card in the Laptop etc. Obviously then no problem deleting, renaming or copying.

Except it's impossible to find books by author or title. The names of the subdirectories look weird on the Mars. You have to navigate to the directory with books in it. Seems a useless Library interface unless I'm doing something stupid.[/QUOTE
go to the "Home" screen
lower bottom left of screen tap on read tab

Now on clicking on the screens top centre 'Library' tab a new window will open with 4 icons named =

click on the 'Books' icon (books catalog listing file)

at the top right hand side click on the far right icon (image made from 3 horizontal lines one above another) and click on "Sort by File"
a window will pop up
window options are
reading time
add time
sorted by title
sort by Author
Sort by size
Sort by Type
Ascending
Descending
cancel
confirm

i have set mine to sort by Author Ascending Confirm.
anytime thereafter on clicking on the Library tab a new window will open with 4 icons named =
click on the Books icon (books catalog listing file)
at the top right hand side click on the far right icon (image made from 3 horizontal lines one above another) and click on "Books Search"
on the lower keyboard type the first 3 or 4 letters of the book title or Author's surname you want and several book titles will appear ,including the book title you wanted.
tap on your title
a new window will open
tap on the new picture
your ebook title will open for reading
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:01 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

It shows the directories that have books in them.
Book Search seems to only work in the currently open directory.

Obviously I can setup Calibre to not create directories (folders) for each author and it seems only that will work.

Thanks for all your help.

Tags
likebook mars calibre