Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2019, 06:43 AM   #1
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Editing metadata

I am a little embarrassed to ask this.

I often find something from another program or the internet that I want to copy/paste to the comments field in the metadata editor.
Here I can edit many things like bold, italic underscore, adjustment and so on. But I cannot change the size of the text without going to the html source tab.

I often paste the new text to a program like notepad in order to get rid of the html code.

Am I missing something obvious?
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can paste ignoring HTML markup by right clicking inside the comments field and choose "Paste and match style"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #3
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can paste ignoring HTML markup by right clicking inside the comments field and choose "Paste and match style"
Oh! Thank you very much. Not so obvious after all
Old 02-11-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@svenlind - there are various gadgets that will remove html markup from what is in the clipboard, some run as browser addons others as tray applets

Until a couple of years ago I used a single-function program called PureText to paste scrubbed text with a user specified hotkey - I used Ctrl+Alt+V. I now use a multi-function program called Clipboard Fusion to to the same thing, and a lot else besides.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:13 AM   #5
svenlind
Fanatic

Thank you very much. I will give Puretext a try.
Advert