Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
AutomaticSync
AutomaticSync began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Mac Plug-In Issues

How can I get Access Aide and Prince PDF plug-ins to work on Mac Sierra systems?

I was able to get epub3-itizer to work, but not the above. Has anyone else had issues with Sigil plug-ins on mac?
AutomaticSync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
AutomaticSync

Question Mac plug-in issues

I also got EpubCheck to work, but not the above. I downloaded Prince Mac to my computer (for the Prince PDF plug-in) but I'm having trouble installing it--maybe this is what's causing Prince PDF not to work. But I have no idea why Access-Aide is not working. I made sure to install Active Tcl Community Edition, but it did not help. Does anyone have any suggestions about this issue?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Considering that the creator of the Access Aide plugin (and several other plugins) uses a Mac for development, I can safely say that it should work.

Having said that ... you should probably bring up your specific issues in the dedicated threads for each of those plugins. They're found in the Plugin section of the Sigil forums. There's an alphabetical plugin index list in the sticky area there. The more details, the better. Make sure you include exact warning/error messages you're getting.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-21-2018 at 05:19 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Access-Aide is pure python and should work out of the box on MacOSX with no issues. Did you download the zip archive (do NOT unzip it) and manually move it out of your Downloads folder? Then use Sigil's Plugin Manager to intall the plugin? What errors are you getting? What exact version Sigil are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticSync View Post
I also got EpubCheck to work, but not the above. I downloaded Prince Mac to my computer (for the Prince PDF plug-in) but I'm having trouble installing it--maybe this is what's causing Prince PDF not to work. But I have no idea why Access-Aide is not working. I made sure to install Active Tcl Community Edition, but it did not help. Does anyone have any suggestions about this issue?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited by KevinH; 12-21-2018 at 04:25 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:17 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I take that back. There is one compiled executable in Access-Aide that I had forgotten about. That executable converts svg images into a quick thumbnail for use in checking for alt settings on images.

Perhaps that is the problem? Please post any error messages in my specific Access-Aide plugin thread and I would be happy to track it down and get something to work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Access-Aide is pure python and should work out of the box on MacOSX with no issues. Did you download the zip archive (do NOT unzip it) and manually move it out of your Downloads folder? Then use Sigil's Plugin Manager to intall the plugin? What errors are you getting? What exact version Sigil are you using?

Last edited by KevinH; 12-21-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
AutomaticSync

Question Mac Plug-In Issues

Yes, I downloaded the zip archive and did not unzip it. I manually moved it out of my Downloads folder before. I used Sigil's Plugin Manager to install the plugin.

I'm using Sigil Version 0.9.10.

I'm getting this error when I open try to use Access-Aide:

Processing an epub with version: 3.0
Updating the content.opf with accessibility schema
Error: proper aria accessibility roles can not be set for javascripted applications .... aborting

Thank you for your time. I appreciate your help.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-21-2018 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Cleaned up duplicate thread and merged posts
Old 12-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer

That is not a failure. The plugin ran but aborted because your epub uses javascript which can be used to add, remove, and change tags and attributes which would be an issue. If you need to use Access-Aide, disable the java-script usage, remove it from the manifest properties, run Access-Aide, and re-enable your javascripts and rebuild the manifest properties.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #8
AutomaticSync

Question

Thank you for your help. I disabled javascript through Adobe Acrobat Reader, but I'm unable to find a solution for erasing the manifest properties. I googled it but was unable to find info on how to do this. Do you have any suggestions on this or can you direct me to a page/website where I can access this information?
Old 12-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer

This has nothing to do with Acrobat Reader. Somehere in your xhtml code is a script tag that is javascript. These need to be removed or commented out. Then in your content.opf in the manifest are a list of properties for each manifested items. You need to remove "script" or "scripted" from any of those property attributes.

Scripting is only supported in epub3 and even then not every reader will accept them (ie. the Kindle readers for example).

Scripting may/will interfere with Accessibility and definitely is not allowed in AccessAide.

Hope this helps,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticSync View Post
Thank you for your help. I disabled javascript through Adobe Acrobat Reader, but I'm unable to find a solution for erasing the manifest properties. I googled it but was unable to find info on how to do this. Do you have any suggestions on this or can you direct me to a page/website where I can access this information?
Old 05-14-2021, 10:09 AM   #10
jambraman
jambraman began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Access Aide in Sigil not working

I installed Access Aide through Sigil in the manage plugins menu. Imported the zip file. So far so good. I open the Epub and when i run Access Aide i get an error. Ive tried running with the "Bundled Python" ticked. Ive also tried to install newest python and pointing the the Python launcher.. Didnt work idea.
Im using a mac with Catalina 10.15.7 on. Any ideas why its not working?

ERROR:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 141, in launch
target_script = __import__(script_module)
File "/Users/XXXXX/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/Access-Aide/plugin.py", line 24, in <module>
from accessgui import GUIUpdateFromList
File "/Users/XXXXX/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/Access-Aide/accessgui.py", line 16, in <module>
from PIL import Image, ImageTk
File "site-packages/PIL/ImageTk.py", line 28, in <module>
File "tkinter/__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 2): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl
Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so
Reason: image not found
Error: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 2): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl
Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so
Reason: image not found
jambraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:29 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Because you haven't installed Active State's Tk/Tcl. The version included with macOS is faulty. Check Sigil's release notes (towards the end).

You should always have the Use Bundled Python ticked for the most part.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:23 PM   #12
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yes you need to install ActiveState's Active TCL and check the bundled python interpreter for macOS