Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-02-2022, 04:58 AM   #1
demokedes
demokedes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
DeDRM plugin stopped working

Dear all,
I was using Calibre in combination with DeDRM Plugin ( I believe it was version 7.2.x). The last time I was successfully using it was this august. Yesterday I tried to use it once again, but books were not coverted from *.*acsm format. I haven't changed anything.
Than I found out, there is not version of DeDRM available. I installed it, but no change, still unable to convert books. Any idea what might be the the problem. What I have to change?
Thank you for your help in advance!
The error that I get is: calibre, version 6.7.1
WARNING: No suitable formats: Could not upload the following books to the device, as no suitable formats were found. Convert the book(s) to a format supported by your device first.

acsm l 1167090

Thank you in advance,
demokedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 05:13 AM   #2
simonuzzo
simonuzzo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7gen ( g090 g105)
Original DeDRM is no longer supported see readme -> https://github.com/apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools

There is a currently working and supported fork here ->
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools

Link to releases ---> https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/releases (The latest version, as of today, is 10.0.3 Jul 2022)
simonuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2022, 06:24 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
ACSM isn't a book format by and of itself, it's a kind of ticket file you can download your Adobe-DRMed EPUBs with. You need Adobe Digital Editions or the recent ACSM input plugin to do that (the ACSM input plugin will also strip the DRM in one go).

Even so, upgrading to the latest DeDRM is a good idea, even if it won't solve this specific issue.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #4
demokedes

I've just installed DeDRM tools from the provided url. I also installed ACSM input plugin. NO change. Still unsucesful.
Bellow you can find output from the debug log.
Any idea? What is wrong. It is strange, bceuse two months ago, everything was working fine.
Regards,
Rok
Added acsm l 1167076 to db in: 0.1
Added 1 books in 1.2 seconds
DeACSM v0.0.16: Trying to parse file acsm_l_1167076.acsm
ADE sanity check: Can't parse activation container
DeACSM v0.0.16: ADE auth is missing or broken
Worker Launch took: 0.00 seconds

Last edited by demokedes; 11-02-2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 02:18 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You need to authorize the deACSM plugin with your Adobe ID.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2022, 03:17 PM   #6
demokedes

Sirtel,
Thank you very much. Once I linked my ADE account with DeACSM, it started working immediately.
Regards
Old 11-28-2023, 04:38 AM   #7
demokedes

Dear all,
I have a new computer, therefore I had to reinstall Calibre. I also installed DeDRM and DeACSM plugin. I logged with Adobe into deAcsm.
When I tried to Insert two books, none of both is working.
I am attaching debug log.
If anyone has an idea, what is wrong on my side, I will be very grateful for an idea.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpjnt_n2ea.txt (11.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 11-28-2023, 04:47 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by demokedes View Post
Dear all,
I have a new computer, therefore I had to reinstall Calibre. I also installed DeDRM and DeACSM plugin. I logged with Adobe into deAcsm.
When I tried to Insert two books, none of both is working.
I am attaching debug log.
If anyone has an idea, what is wrong on my side, I will be very grateful for an idea.
The version of DeDRM you are using is obsolete and will not work with calibre 7. You need to update to DeDRM 10.0.9. Ignore the link to 10.0.3 and that it shows as the latest version. That's wrong.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 05:38 AM   #9
demokedes

JSWolf,
Thank you very much. After upgrading to the latest version, it started working!
Old 11-29-2023, 05:57 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The version of DeDRM you are using is obsolete and will not work with calibre 7. You need to update to DeDRM 10.0.9. Ignore the link to 10.0.3 and that it shows as the latest version. That's wrong.

10.0.3 is the current release version.
Quote:
v10.0.9 (RC1 for 10.1.0) Pre-release

Since quite a bit of code has changed, this is a beta / RC release before v10.1.0 is released. I don't expect there to be any new bugs, though.

Versions 10.0.4(s), 10.0.5(s) and 10.0.6(s) were released by other people in various forks, here's a larger version jump to 10.0.9 / 10.1.0 so we don't have conflicting plugin builds with the same version numbers.

v10.0.3 Latest

Notable changes:

Support for new hardened Adobe DRM (#48 , thanks a980e066a01 )
Add support for PDF user and owner password removal
Drop OpenSSL libraries and only use native Python code
Some bugfixes for Python 2 (Calibre 4 and older)
Support for Qt 6 / Calibre 6 and newer
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 05:59 AM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
As an aside, remember ACSM downloads are info on how to get an Epub and they expire.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 06:07 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
10.0.3 is the current release version.
I've not read of any bugs in 10.0.9. And it works much better with KFX.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote