Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #76
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
definitely. i only took one year of latin, and i had the worst teacher ever (she actually made me understand *less* than before her explanations, and she confused me so much i had to redo every lesson at home by myself to understand what we were studying) but i got a lot of insight into both french *and* english thanks to that.
I found knowing Latin a huge help in learning German, because even though German is not a "Romance" language, both German and Latin are highly inflected language, and understanding the "concept" of how inflected languages "work" is the big hurdle if you've never come across one before. Understand one, and the next one is a lot easier.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #77
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Pffft... grammar, as you can plainly see from all my posts around here. Grammar isn't my strong point!

I have something in my brain that goes completly blank whenever the word grammar rear it's ugly head!
That's really not a very nice thing to say about your Grammar. If your Grampar hear's you, he might get upset.

Old joke I know, but I just couldn't resist!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #78
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
That's really not a very nice thing to say about your Grammar. If your Grampar hear's you, he might get upset.

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #79
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I never really learned how to spell, not in Dutch, not in German, not in French, not in English. Without spell checker I'd be lost... I do know my grammar though! It's a mild touch of dyslexia but it never stopped me from trying!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:04 AM   #80
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post

pfft... fer shame!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #81
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Whenever I see the word Apéros in a thread I immediatly think im going to see a thread about horses

In spanish (at least in the Venezuelan version of it) Aperos means Gear, like fishing gear or stuff like that. Its more widely used in when refering to saddles, bridles and other horse related gear.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:56 AM   #82
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
I'm a bit late, but still want to say thanks so much for the pictures!!!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #83
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Whenever I see the word Apéros in a thread I immediatly think im going to see a thread about horses

In spanish (at least in the Venezuelan version of it) Aperos means Gear, like fishing gear or stuff like that. Its more widely used in when refering to saddles, bridles and other horse related gear.
well naturally. doesn't everyone have pony rides at their meetups ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I'm a bit late, but still want to say thanks so much for the pictures!!!
glad you like them ! even though i am a pretty terrible photographer...
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #84
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Damn, I wish I could have been here !
Nice pictures, and it's too bad I missed both the antiques and the cool new stuff.

Hey, next time we'll try harder.
you better try harder !! you know we can't excuse you missing TWO in a row ! you guys are pillars of the RendezVous !
Old 09-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #85
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you better try harder !! you know we can't excuse you missing TWO in a row ! you guys are pillars of the RendezVous !
Yes, my Queen, of course my Queen, it's always a pleasure to serve you.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #86
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Yes, my Queen, of course my Queen, it's always a pleasure to serve you.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #87
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Sorry to be late to tell you it was great to meet with some of you here !
It was really a good soiree .
The variety of devices was very interesting, and the antiques too !
Now as I'm not very expansive, I'll stop here !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #88
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It was a very enjoyable evening. I saw reading devices that I had never laid eyes on before, and met some lovely people.
Thanks to Zelda, for organising it.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote