Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
efelvi
efelvi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Exclamation Boyue Likebook Note -T103 vs Onyx Boox Note?

I don't see any reviews of Boyue Likebook Note anywhere so I can't decide whether the backlight feature is more than enough to choose it over Onyx Boox Note. I can buy the latter with a genuine case for $460 used. Stylus is an important factor to me so it's a toss up between those two products.

A question to owners of lightless e-readers: does not having a backlight hinder your daily reading in any way?
efelvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
JawadLeLogeur
Zealot
JawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Forma 4.15.12920
460 dollarydoos is a great deal for an Onyx with cover. Honestly the backlight depends on your lifestyle. If you read in places where you could read a normal book anyway, forget about the backlight. In fact if you are not sure whether the backlight is important it probably isn't. The main difference is actually the Android version. Check if the apps you want support the Likebook's 4.4.2. Also, the Boox has better apps in general.
JawadLeLogeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2018, 04:13 AM   #3
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawadLeLogeur View Post
460 dollarydoos is a great deal for an Onyx with cover. Honestly the backlight depends on your lifestyle. If you read in places where you could read a normal book anyway, forget about the backlight. In fact if you are not sure whether the backlight is important it probably isn't. The main difference is actually the Android version. Check if the apps you want support the Likebook's 4.4.2. Also, the Boox has better apps in general.
I fully agree with Jawad on all points...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote