Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I certainly wouldn't make that assumption. No Internet suggests no computer!
I know a lot of people that live in outlying areas that do not have an Internet connection since there is no coverage in their area. They still have computers and cell phones. Personally I live in an area with no cell phone coverage so should I throw away my phone?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Personally I live in an area with no cell phone coverage so should I throw away my phone?
Depends whether or not you plan to travel somewhere that DOES have coverage .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #33
silvercity
silvercity began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just wanted to updated everyone on what I bought my mom. I went with the kobo clara HD and loaded about 50 books for her. She does not have internet or a computer and she will never use the wifi. Teaching her how to use the kobo was a challenge itself lol. Also I installed the kobo extension on calibre so it could convert to kepub. Thanks for all the advice.
silvercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #34
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
What do you think of the Clara, especially the light? Is it patchy at all? (I'm considering buying one.)
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #35
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercity View Post
I just wanted to updated everyone on what I bought my mom. I went with the kobo clara HD and loaded about 50 books for her. She does not have internet or a computer and she will never use the wifi. Teaching her how to use the kobo was a challenge itself lol. Also I installed the kobo extension on calibre so it could convert to kepub. Thanks for all the advice.
Sounds good. Thanks for letting us know, I was wondering. Like BookCat, I'm curious about the screen also. And, just in case you didn't turn off WiFi, that would help the Clara's battery life quite a bit. (I'm guessing you already know this.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:29 PM   #36
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
As your mother doesn't have a computer, you'll need a mains charger for the reader.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #37
silvercity
silvercity began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
As your mother doesn't have a computer, you'll need a mains charger for the reader.
Yeah I realized that at the last moment and gave her one of mine.

As for the light, I did not notice anything patchy on it. I played with it for about 30 mins and it seemed fine.
silvercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #38
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercity View Post
As for the light, I did not notice anything patchy on it. I played with it for about 30 mins and it seemed fine.
That sounds good. Maybe they've got it fixed now.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote