Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #1306
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

OK, this has to be the final map.

@ dsvic
I don't know which size you need for your ePub, so I put in the original pix size (2480x1748) but max 1MB and a zip-File, which contains the original jpg (2,5MB).

Bratzzo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map final_.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	905.9 KB
ID:	55422  
Attached Files
File Type: zip map final.zip (2.20 MB, 248 views)
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #1307
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by filip View Post
Hey !
Thanks again for all the congratulations.
And no I'm not going to give in to menace, pledge, pajama or even dark chocolate!
Be strong filip - these people will stop at nothing to separate you from your new prize! Watch out for incoming chocolate!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #1308
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Be strong filip - these people will stop at nothing to separate you from your new prize! Watch out for incoming chocolate!
I'm not jealous!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #1309
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by filip View Post
Hey !
Thanks again for all the congratulations.
And no I'm not going to give in to menace, pledge, pajama or even dark chocolate!
kittens? puppies? dolphins?

(not sure why I am trying to bribe... I don't even want one!)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #1310
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
kittens? puppies? dolphins?

(not sure why I am trying to bribe... I don't even want one!)
You love a challenge!
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #1311
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
Hi,

OK, this has to be the final map.

@ dsvic
I don't know which size you need for your ePub, so I put in the original pix size (2480x1748) but max 1MB and a zip-File, which contains the original jpg (2,5MB).

Bratzzo
That'll work fine - I can resize it as needed if it doesn't look right.

I'll be workign on the final version today and hope to have it posted this afternoon. If there are any translated versions (French, German, etc.) let me have them and I can compile different versions of the eBook.

The one I release today can be "High Noon", then we can have poohbear write an intro and I'll release "High Noon: The writers edition", then there can be the French version, the German version, the combined "Ultimate" version, and many others.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #1312
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Dave --

I'd like to include this post (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1292) as an Acknowledgments page.

I would like to do an intro for it - might get it hammered out at lunch today - plus dedicate it to KattisCat & MOTH.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #1313
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Dave --

I'd like to include this post (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1292) as an Acknowledgments page.

I would like to do an intro for it - might get it hammered out at lunch today - plus dedicate it to KattisCat & MOTH.
No problem, send me the intro and I'll get it inserted. I've got it the rest ready to go pretty much.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #1314
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Here's the Intro dave - thanks again little robotic buddy!

INTRODUCTION

It began as a joke. A way to pass the time waiting for the winner of a contest to be announced. A way to gently poke fun at authority figures [we won't go into the irony of that now!]. A way to play with other MR members, and make them laugh.

Then there was a positive response. And a plot, or at least a story line. And characters - real, living characters drawn from the wondrous melange that inhabit this magical place. And I was hooked! And apparently so were you. Every episode was greeted with applause and demands for more. And I kept writing. And the saga was born! I read every comment on the saga, received numerous plot suggestions, and realized I had become a writer of sorts without really noticing when it happened. Thank you! Very much!

But like all living things, the saga had to be brought to a close. Resolutions to be found. A winner to announce!

But also like all living things, it's not dead! It's just having a little lie-down of sorts. I'm sure it will return, in some guise, so stay tuned.

Finally, and most importantly, this saga is dedicated to MobileRead member Katti's Cat and her MOTH, who are passing through a very dark passage of their lives. Perhaps reading this short work, and finding herself in it, will help Katti grow stronger and return to us all waiting here for her.

....poohbear_nc
Old 07-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #1315
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe you should have used our user names throughout the story. Some of them I still don't know who it referred to.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #1316
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Great intro! And a fun thread.

The only downside is that I guess if I really want an iPad (and I do want a tablet PC of some kind), I'll have to buy it with my own money. Curses! Foiled again! But big congrats to the winner, Filip!

Poohbear_nc, once again, thanks for the great story! And thanks for including me! And thanks, dsvick, for volunteering to collect it into book form!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-19-2010 at 12:54 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #1317
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I believe you should have used our user names throughout the story. Some of them I still don't know who it referred to.
Yeah - I realized that there might be a language problem with some of my punnings/word-plays, or just that my brain is wired weirdly - which ones stumped you?
Old 07-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #1318
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Yeah - I realized that there might be a language problem with some of my punnings/word-plays, or just that my brain is wired weirdly - which ones stumped you?
The twin daughters?
Odman-the-terrible? Now what kind of an avatar is that!

I've had difficulty finding out a few of them and it took the edge out of the story. And some of them you changed as the story evolved.
Some were cute though like KennyC(hicken).
Lots of tricky typing for most of them.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #1319
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
The twin daughters?
Odman-the-terrible? Now what kind of an avatar is that!

I've had difficulty finding out a few of them and it took the edge out of the story. And some of them you changed as the story evolved.
Some were cute though like KennyC(hicken).
Lots of tricky typing for most of them.
The twins were a verbal reach - and a play on the silent "P" -- Phenomshel and then Sweetpea had to become Psweetpea to match.

For Oddman you had to say yvan with a really fake French accent "eeeevan" to generate the pun.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #1320
dsvick
Wizard

And here it is complete with map, intro, acknowledgments, and, of course, the final chapter.

Thanks again poohbear for the great story, we're waiting for the next one now....

Any errors in compilation are mine, but please let me know what is wrong and I'll fix them and get a new version posted.
Attached Files
File Type: epub High Noon.epub (319.3 KB, 1597 views)