Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Indie authors whose books would make a good movie

This is similar to Daithi's thread... but I figure, why should famous authors have all the fun? Do you know of an independent author who's turned out a book that would make a great movie?

This isn't just to gain some traction off of DuckieTigger's shout out in the other thread (but thanks again!): In fact, I've been thinking about converting one or more of my novels into screenplays for the past year. I've got a good idea which ones would be best, and I just have to make the time to do the script conversion. I'm sure there are other books out there (and more importantly, floating around here) that could do with a cinematic treatment... and who knows? A mention here might convince that author to give it a shot.

So, tell us what indie books you'd like to see made into a movie. Feel free to tell us why you think it would be a good candidate, as well.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
I'll bite.
I'd like to see Lethe by A. Sparrow made into a movie. I loved the book and I'd bet the visuals would be stunning.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Daniel Arenson's Gods of Dream has such great imagery and a unique storyline that could translate to the screen well.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
anything by David Dalglish. rough, adult, over the top fantasy that would play out like a live action anime or video game.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've said it in reviews on my site, but the following came across as good for the screen.

Mike McIntyre's The Scavenger's Daughter would make a great mystery/thriller.
Lindsay Buroker's The Emperor's Edge read like a great TV series option.

I just read Bangkok Burn by Simon Royle and that could be a real adrenalin rush action movie without too much tweaking.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think the entire Hal Spacejock series by Simon Haynes would make a great series of movies, or a few seasons' worth of great TV.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Any of Harry Shannon's stuff! Fast-paced, suspenseful and visual...all you could ask for in a movie!
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I think the entire Hal Spacejock series by Simon Haynes would make a great series of movies, or a few seasons' worth of great TV.
I will second that Simon is a local lad here in Perth (south of the river), so he gets my vote without question

Some others off the top of my head...

Galaxy Unknown series by Thomas DePrima
Spinward Fringe series by Randolph Lalonde
Progenitors trilogy by Dan Worth
Earth Fleet series by Steven Lake
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never think of Simon Haynes as an indie though. Maybe he is now, but Hal Spacejock was traditionally published at least in Australia.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I think Shayne Parkinson's Promises to Keep series would make a great PBS-Masterpiece Theater series. Any of Vicki Tyley or L.J. Sellers' mysteries would make good movies. In fantasy, Tracy Falbe's Rhys series would make a good movie.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
+1 for Shayne Parkinson's Promises to Keep series.
I would also vote for Alan Hutchenson's Boomerang.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I never think of Simon Haynes as an indie though. Maybe he is now, but Hal Spacejock was traditionally published at least in Australia.
Was he? I didn't know that.

(But I won't retract the suggestion, because I'd still love to see his books as movies.)

How about Jeff Garrity's Mars Girl?

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 02-21-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I think Shayne Parkinson's Promises to Keep series would make a great PBS-Masterpiece Theater series. Any of Vicki Tyley or L.J. Sellers' mysteries would make good movies. In fantasy, Tracy Falbe's Rhys series would make a good movie.
One of these days I have to read Shayne Parkinson's novels. Your constant endorsements needle me so.

Actually, someone was just talking to be about Vicki Tyley last night. She was given a very high recommendation.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #14
caleb72
Indie Advocate

OK - I've got one.

Verdant Skies by Steven Lyle Jordan. I'm about to write a review for it on my site and I'll be damned if it isn't precisely written as a two part mini-series/pilot movie for a new Science Fiction TV series.

It is perfectly written for this purpose.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Verdant Skies by Steven Lyle Jordan. I'm about to write a review for it on my site and I'll be damned if it isn't precisely written as a two part mini-series/pilot movie for a new Science Fiction TV series.
I won't deny it...

Tags
book, independent authors, movie