Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
DonalDuck
The Changer
DonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Question Wait for kindle tablet to buy kindle 3?

Wait for kindle tablet to buy kindle 3, so that it's price gets lower?
Thanks,
DD
DonalDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
That really depends on what you want. E-Ink devices have an amazingly good screen for reading. If you want to read novels, best sellers, and/or classics, I'd go with an e-ink device. If you want to read periodicals, want/need color, read lots of pdfs with diagrams, go with the tablet. Tablets are much better at e-mail, web browsing, running multiple apps, etc. Personally, I have both an e-ink reader for reading and a tablet for everything else. They are not interchangeable with each other.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
DonalDuck
The Changer
DonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-books

thank you polly, but that's not what i meant. i want a kindle 3. Now, should i wait that kindle tablet gets out, so that maybe kindle 3 gets cheaper?
Old 09-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It's already pretty cheap. It's a totally different device, so I doubt that the introduction of a tablet will affect the price of the e-ink device.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
goodnerd
goodnerd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Well i just got a kindle, luckily for me it was a gift and to tell you the truth before i got it as a gift i never even gave kindle's a second glance.

Being someone that does truly love reading its given me a whole new way to read and educate myself on the things i always wanted to read about.

kindles are cheap man, i say go ahead and get one.
goodnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I would have both - one for everyday reading, the other for fun/some use - reading magazines, surfing the web, checking emails, playing Angry Birds
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
DonalDuck
The Changer

thank you for all your replies. Guess i'l go ahead and buy one then

DD
Old 09-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuck View Post
thank you for all your replies. Guess i'l go ahead and buy one then

DD
Amazon just announced a press conference for September 28. So perhaps you should wait until next week.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
DonalDuck
The Changer

ok. thanks

DD