Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
FoxkehKayak
Edge User

Powerpoint with Docs2Go, no pictures :-(

I was trying to look at a power point on the edge. It had been emailed to me as an attachment and when opened fine in Docs2Go, except none of the pictures were there . They were all grayed out boxes with an X through them. Occasionally one showed up.

Any ideas on why this is? They were TIF images before they were in the power point, but they show up fine on a regular computer.

Also, is there any chance of Docs2Go being upgraded to allow for more freedom in creating slides? Things like adding pictures, moving things around, creating basic shapes?

Old 12-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

This is something DataViz, the company that makes Docs2Go, would have to answer. Could be TIF images aren't supported. Mind you, if you used a Windows computer to create the PowerPoint, it may have embedded the images in a more complicated way (i.e. COM/OLE) instead of a simple image. In any case, contacting DataViz is your best option.

Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
This is something DataViz, the company that makes Docs2Go, would have to answer. Could be TIF images aren't supported. Mind you, if you used a Windows computer to create the PowerPoint, it may have embedded the images in a more complicated way (i.e. COM/OLE) instead of a simple image. In any case, contacting DataViz is your best option.
TIF is not well supported on Windows in general. If you could convert them to something else (JPG? GIF?) depending on color needs, then reinsert them in the presentation they may work better.

Also, if the images are not directly inserted, but just a link to an external file that may prevent the edge from displaying the image, since the extrnal file doesn't exist on the edge.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
jlmistovich
Edge User

Hi, I'm sorry that this post isn't in a new thread, but I couldn't find where the new thread button is. Anyway, does anyone know how to do an accent mark on the Edge, either with the virtual keyboard or with a regular keyboard. Also, I just wondered if this is normal or not. When I go online, I enlarge the font to the biggest size, and sometimes, the web pages aren't displayed correctly, for example one link on top of another or you can't see the whole link. Maybe it's because I make the font too large.
Thanks, Joy

Old 12-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
aidren
Edge User

Welcome Joy,

For accents: On the virtual keyboard long press the letter you wish to accent and a pop-up should appear with the selection available.

The overlapping fonts in the browser is due to (I believe) that particular browser not rendering to the small display size. I find this happens most often with the default browser. The solutions are: change (through your browser settings) to mobile display; or you can also try using Dolphin or Opera Mini. I have all three loaded and find that Dolphin and Opera mini handle this issue somewhat better.

Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
TIF is not well supported on Windows in general. If you could convert them to something else (JPG? GIF?) depending on color needs, then reinsert them in the presentation they may work better.

Also, if the images are not directly inserted, but just a link to an external file that may prevent the edge from displaying the image, since the extrnal file doesn't exist on the edge.
Good answer.

TIFs also can be enormous, possibly too big to display correctly on the eDGe version of DocToGo. That's one reason it's preferable to use PNGs, JPGs or GIFs in a PowerPoint. If you have PhotoShop, convert all the images to PNGs (you'll retain any layering/knockout when the image is flattened but without increased file size; JPEGs won't retain knockout) and reinsert them.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #7
sjarrel
Edge User

No pictures in Powerpoint in Docs2Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxkehKayak View Post
... all grayed out boxes with an X through them. Occasionally one showed up....
I had the same issue. My pictures were all .JPG.
Some showed up, others did not (box with the X). The pictures that did not show up were saved in Full Quality (12) in Adobe Photoshop. I re-saved them in Normal Quality (6) and they all show very well in Documents To Go now.