Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Kindle Fire Refurb Deals, starting at $89 -- 22 Aug only

Amazon Gold Box Deals for today are refurbished Kindle Fires and accessories.

see Current Tablet Specials for sale prices on new Fires

Deal of the Day -- exp 22 Aug

Lightning Deals -- exp 22 Aug

Terms
  • valid only during time frames listed above
  • must be purchased from Gold Box page
  • while supplies last
  • limit one per customer

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-22-2013 at 10:04 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The charger in the first Lightning Deal above will NOT charge tablets. It's designed for e-ink ereaders, phones, MP3 players, etc. Why they offered this charger and not the tablet charger is beyond me.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Those are NICE refurb deals.

My brother has to get an iPad for school though, so I'm probably getting his HD anyway. My dad would have got it, but he told me he HATES the UI. Sucks for him.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Those are NICE refurb deals.

My brother has to get an iPad for school though, so I'm probably getting his HD anyway. My dad would have got it, but he told me he HATES the UI. Sucks for him.
I hate the UI too, so I put a launcher on my HD 7. Now it looks like a "real Android" tablet
Old 08-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The charger in the first Lightning Deal above will NOT charge tablets. It's designed for e-ink ereaders, phones, MP3 players, etc. Why they offered this charger and not the tablet charger is beyond me.
Funny, I have used mine to charge both my first gen Fire and my new HD Fire.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connallmac View Post
Funny, I have used mine to charge both my first gen Fire and my new HD Fire.
It takes longer to charge, because it's only 0.85A compared to 1.80A for the PowerFast.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kindle Fire HD refurb is now live -- offer ends at 10am PDT
Quote:
For a very limited time, Certified Refurbished Kindle Fire HD is available as a Lightning Deal starting from only $119 (the 32GB version is available for just $149).

This offer is only valid during the promotion time and while supplies last. It must be purchased from the Gold Box page. Limit one per customer.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-22-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I don't know why they offer the e-ink charger at all....just sell the PowerFast one and it will charge e-ink devices in addition to the tablets.

I have a PowerFast and Kindle USB cable and I use it to charge every electronic piece of equipment I have that uses micro-USB. Paperwhite, Fire HD, android phone, bluetooth headset, etc.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I don't know why they offer the e-ink charger at all....just sell the PowerFast one and it will charge e-ink devices in addition to the tablets.
I agree, especially since both chargers sell for the same high price of $20.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I hate the UI too, so I put a launcher on my HD 7. Now it looks like a "real Android" tablet
I have a launcher on ours, and I was showing my 7 yo DD how to add her apps to different screens....she likes her Fire. That is an awesome price! Too bad I don't need one
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

LifeForm Stylus is now live -- offer ends at 11am PDT
  • Compatible with Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, and Kindle Paperwhite
  • Ultra smooth responsive rubber tip provides pen like writing experience on your tablet
  • High quality, durable aluminum casing in vibrant color
  • Built in, durable clip allows stylus to be stored in a case or cover
  • Compatible with all capacitive touch screens (iPad, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, newer tablets)
Old 08-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did they sell out during the lightning deal on the Fire HD?

Oh never mind, I see they didn't. I'm surprised!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Did they sell out during the lightning deal on the Fire HD?

Oh never mind, I see they didn't. I'm surprised!
Same here. Anyway, 42% claimed means they'll be doing it again sometime soon.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kindle Fire 1st Gen refurb is now live -- offer ends at 2pm PDT
Quote:
For a very limited time, Certified Refurbished Kindle Fire is available as a Lightning Deal for just $89.

This offer is only valid during the promotion time and while supplies last. It must be purchased from the Gold Box page. Limit one per customer.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-22-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #15
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

That is so tempting! Root and have an android tablet! I better not look.