Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Pax
Zealot
Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Sony PRS 650
Which book do you consistenly postpone to read?

Hi everyone!

Does this happen to you too?
You have bought an ebook long time ago and everytime after you have just finished reading a book you are thinking about it, but in the end you prefer a different book.

I would like to know, which book you consistenly postpone to read?

Last edited by Pax; 04-24-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Books....

A Song of Ice and Fire - have 4 of 5
Wheel of Time - have all 4 books

Sigh....
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Not sure if it counts... But, I've been continually procrastinating on reading the New World of Darkness books that a friend has loaned me to get me caught up enough to play in a few games with him.

If that doesn't count, then I'm not sure. I guess I could say I've put off the Hunger Games long enough. Of course, I can't get my Kindle back from the ladywife long enough read much of anything...
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I got part way into the King Killer Chronicles (Patrick Rothfus's books) - I think it's called Wise Man's Fear, put it down, and just never got back into it. The size is too daunting. I think I'll wait til the third part of the trilogy comes out - if it ever does - and pick it back up then.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
I've had the ebook version of The Handmaid's Tale since I got my Kobo, I just can't seem to crack it for whatever reason. Same with the scifi book January Dancer. Something more interesting always seems to distract me before I can get into either.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Books....
Wheel of Time - have all 4 books
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time? I think there are at least 12 books now, with more to come. The author passed away but left behind notes that another writer is using to complete the series.

I keep putting off War and Peace. I've tried reading it before on both paper and ebook, in the Maude and Pevear/Volokhonsky translations, but the number of characters and name variations always throws me off.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Outlander

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I bought Game of Thrones book 1 some time back very cheaply, but since the rest of the books cost more than I'm willing to pay I keep putting off reading it.

The other is lord of the rings, read it twice and love it, but there's this mental brickwall i hit when I think about reading it, since I know how long it'll take me and there's other books I could be reading, but I want to read it again it's been so long since I last read it... the struggle continues.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
I read The Hobbit about a year ago and I've been putting off reading The Fellowship of the Ring ever since because if I read it, I have to read the others, and that is a huge commitment. This would be my 5th time, so I don't feel too bad about it.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMacs View Post
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time? I think there are at least 12 books now, with more to come. The author passed away but left behind notes that another writer is using to complete the series.
Yes.. I've got the *first 4* books. I've got a workmate who's been poking at me read them. He's working through his second time through the published editions.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
You people that are putting off reading the Song of Ice and Fire series need to get on the ball.

It's a huge series, and you'll probably be reading it for months (it took me nine months, but I was also reading other things along with it), but it's so good. You will fall in love with the characters and not want it to end. I finished the fifth book earlier this month and now I'm contemplating re-reading from the beginning because it's that entertaining.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
This thread so far has been largely about fantasy novels, so I'll add that I haven't been able to read through all of the Wheel of Time myself. It's the type of series that has so many characters and plot threads that you really need to read them straight through to remember everything, but that is a big time commitment. I find my commitment starts to waver around Book 5, the first very thick volume. I think I've only made it as far as Book 8 or 9 in the past.

Silmarillion is another stumbling block for me. I want to read all of these books but there are so many other books that beckon.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Not going to read Song of Ice and Fire until it's finished. I've started too many series that never were finished, and I'm not willing to make that kind of investment again.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #14
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Not going to read Song of Ice and Fire until it's finished. I've started too many series that never were finished, and I'm not willing to make that kind of investment again.
Same

I've been putting off most of the books I got this year. I keep getting in the mood to reread old favorites.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #15
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
The Iliad. I think I've started it at least 5 times, but never seem to get past the first few pages.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote