Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
This will be a big plus. I can put all my non-Amazon books up there, and still sync them when I need to. One of my pain points until now is that they don't show up in archived items, so having them added there will be a definite plus. But not if I have to upgrade to a newer model.
Looks like K2 and K1 owners don't get this features... but K3 nee Kindle Keyboard owners will get an update to support archived personal documents.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #17
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
I'm pretty sure that 3.3 Kindle keyboard software update to enable this will be out before or around the time Kindle Touch will ship
It's supposed to be out right now.

Some users already have it and Amazon support seems to be under the impression that it's already been released.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #18
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
It's supposed to be out right now.

Some users already have it and Amazon support seems to be under the impression that it's already been released.
That's strange that they would be so behind the ball on this. Usually Amazon is on top of things like this. How difficult is it for Amazon support to check their own website and see there's no mention of 3.3 on there?
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #19
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
That's strange that they would be so behind the ball on this. Usually Amazon is on top of things like this. How difficult is it for Amazon support to check their own website and see there's no mention of 3.3 on there?
I'm going to send an email to Amazon CS about this.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #20
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Let us know the reply, I'm interested since my wife still has a Kindle keyboard.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #21
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
It started working for my Kindles a couple days ago.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #22
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Looks like K2 and K1 owners don't get this features... but K3 nee Kindle Keyboard owners will get an update to support archived personal documents.

BOb
Yes, but Kindle DX owners won't. Pretty bad, but I think it has something to do with the lack of Wifi on these models.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
Yes, but Kindle DX owners won't. Pretty bad, but I think it has something to do with the lack of Wifi on these models.
You can d/l person document on the Touch 3G via 3G if you want to pay for it. Why not on the classic and k2? I probably wouldn't d/l via 3G much, but at least it would be nice to have it there.

BOb
Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #24
mtsp
Enthusiast
mtsp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It started working for my Kindles a couple days ago.
Which models?
also, where does it appear? On the Kindle as an "Personal Documents" Collection?
mtsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #25
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Archiving works, but k3 needs an update before you get content from the archive, so K4 is the only thing fully functional now (I can send to my Kindle Touch but it's going to be a few weeks before I get that). Fire is excluded at the moment, as are the Apps, as are DX and prior. I assume the latter will never get updated to support this.

K4'ers, have you used this yet? do you see a 'Personal Documents Archive' item? or do they show up in 'Archived Items'?

Also it looks like setting Kindle email address has been broken for a few days, probably as a side effect of the PD Archive feature in progress work.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #26
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Archiving works, but k3 needs an update before you get content from the archive, so K4 is the only thing fully functional now (I can send to my Kindle Touch but it's going to be a few weeks before I get that). Fire is excluded at the moment, as are the Apps, as are DX and prior. I assume the latter will never get updated to support this.

K4'ers, have you used this yet? do you see a 'Personal Documents Archive' item? or do they show up in 'Archived Items'?

Also it looks like setting Kindle email address has been broken for a few days, probably as a side effect of the PD Archive feature in progress work.
Nope not broken at all. It's a new feature. All Kindles after September 28th share the same email address. It can't be changed no more.

It's all over the Kindle Forums. Now every Pdoc sent goes to all kindles set to receive Pdocs. I can't get a new address for my K4

Last edited by Blossom; 10-03-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #27
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Just got this from Amazon Support

Quote:
Hello,

I understand that you're inquiring about the 3.3 firmware update for your Kindle Keyboard.

At present, we're testing the 3.3 software update.

In future, you'll have the 3.3 software update. At this point of time, we do not have specific information as to when this feature will be made available.

Yes, Personal documents sent to Kindles with software version 3.3 will be saved to your Archived Items. If the original document is a .mobi file, annotations and notes will be backed up as well.

Instead, I've also let the kindle team about this, so that they will carefully review your comments.

If you still have any further queries regarding this, write back to us, we're happy to help you.

Thank you for understanding in this matter. Thanks for your interest in Kindle.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #28
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's all over the Kindle Forums. Now every Pdoc sent goes to all kindles set to receive Pdocs. I can't get a new address for my K4
I hope you just mean it goes to your personal Kindles and not everyone that owns a Kindle...
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #29
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Nope not broken at all. It's a new feature. All Kindles after September 28th share the same email address. It can't be changed no more.

That is so wrong.

Last edited by tomsem; 10-04-2011 at 12:10 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yep, that is what the documentation says. I don't understand why they made this change. Is there a shortage of email addresses?

BOb