Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #16
hydin
Connoisseur
hydin doesn't litterhydin doesn't litter

Device: Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight 3
Decided to go ahead and post the invalid code screencap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	invalidcode.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	62258  
hydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #17
adamater
adamater began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Do you have the us version of the store installed/ a US account?

Get it here.
http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

Last edited by adamater; 12-03-2010 at 07:35 PM.
adamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
hydin
Connoisseur

Yep, US account.

Still gives me the same code error. The only credit I have in my account is the expired 2.11$ that I had in there before.

I tried it with and without spaces (mainly since the error told me to not use spaces) and it still doesn't work.

Can you please email me a picture of the back of the card? Either it was mistyped or it is something in the code saying that my account isn't valid, meaning it could be a new customer promo code or something. That info will be on the back of the card.

Chris
Old 12-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #19
adamater

I will email you the picture tomorrow, but the code you are entering is the same and sould work, I'm going to talk to there tech support because googling said that this is a common problem.

edit: Emailed you a possible solution to the problem.

Last edited by adamater; 12-03-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
hydin
Connoisseur

Hey

The fix worked!

Let me know if you still want to get rid of the second code.

Chris
Old 12-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #21
adamater

Yeah I do, send the first half and I'll send the code.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:12 AM   #22
hydin
Connoisseur

Codes bought, problems resolved, everything is cool.

Thanks again
Chris
Old 12-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This one turned out ok, but one cannot always be certain.

Am I the only one who sensed the tension?

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #24
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This one turned out ok, but one cannot always be certain.

Am I the only one who sensed the tension?

Don
(Moderator)
I am much more thrilled by your signature stories. I'd sure pay for an ebook made of them.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:10 AM   #25
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
To be honest, I'm more cynical. These are two users with very few posts.

How do we really know they're two separate users? It could be a setup to get other users to trust to first poster account.

(Understand - I grew up with four younger brothers, three of them stole liberally from me to pay for their drug habits. I am very cynical if there hasn't been time for trust to build it!)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:09 AM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Off Topic:

Thank you, Logseman.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #27
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
How do we really know they're two separate users? It could be a setup to get other users to trust to first poster account.
I'd think the same thing, except one of them has been a member for a little more than 2 years-- that's a long time to sit on an account for a small-time scam.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #28
hydin
Connoisseur

I am not the same person as the seller.

I can understand some paranoia when dealing with online issues, but it's a little extreme to think I would have a 2 year account and need to "fool" someone into trusting me. It's not like there is a lot of business opportunities on this forum.

Get the mods to check ip addresses if you like, it should show me coming from Louisiana. No idea where adamater is from.

Agreed with the tension part as well, but I am just glad it worked out.
Chris