Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-17-2018, 01:45 AM   #1
dehcbad25
dehcbad25 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post New to eBooks...kind of

First post, so little intro. I work in IT. I have worked in IT for 20 years.
I kind of though eBooks to be pretty simple, but I have a big problem. Too many formats too many devices, and I haven't really sat down to read.
A couple of months ago I bought another set of comic books on Humble Bundle. My 3rd set of books that I think I will really like. But I haven't read much yet.
I also have 2 GB of PDFs mainly ebook folder as well (most of them technical books)
So, here come my questions:
Do I need to use separa software to read text books like PDF of regular books and comic books?
For comics are CBZ better than ePub? PDF seem to be excesively big and no better quality.
Also, I do preffer a desktop (my main desktop has 4 monitor, 2 are 28" 1080, and the other 2 29" Ultra Wide 2560x1080), the problem is that I preffer to play a video game instead of reading a book, and honestely it is a waste of electricity to have that rig running for just book reading.
I have 2 Windows tablets, and a Android tablet (plus a laptop)
I think I would like to be able to read in any of these devices (already working on putting all my files on my OneDrive folder)
In the desktop I have Calibre and ComicRack.
What would you do in my place?
In the past I tried adding them to my kindle accont to. But not everything syncs eiher (it has been almost 2 years since I tried it again)
Sorry, not being lazy, if anything I think I am complicating myself with too many choices, and I don't have enought time to untangle myself, and I want to avoid not reading the materials I have again.
Finally, side question, last week I started writting my first book. I am using OneNote because it syncs easy. What do you suggest to use later when I am more in a finished format? Sigil?
dehcbad25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:34 PM   #2
dehcbad25
dehcbad25 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Also I noticed that ComicRack seems to freeze after I put the computer to sleep. I haven't tested in the Windows tablet, but that would be a bad news because tablets go to sleep pretty quickly. Maybe it only happens in one machine, but I since I don't know what route I will go I haven't tested it yet
dehcbad25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert