Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
E-ink reader with biggest screen right now?

I lost my Irex 800 DR - I think it was stolen at the airport (Heathrow).
I am gutted because they are not on sale anymore, and the retail price was quite high.

Now I need to replace it, and I care about one thing the most - I want the biggest possible screen!

In Belarus, during the summer, I saw a Russian produced E Ink reader with a rather large screen, larger than my Irex which was 10 inch.

Anyone knows what make it could have been - I've forgotten... ?

Any other tips for e Ink readers that are available in Europe and have a very large screen would be appreciated.

Tip - don't put valuable things in the outer pocket of bags that you check in at Heathrow...

Last edited by martienne; 11-13-2011 at 08:20 AM.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
The PocketBook 912 Pro at 9 inches is the largest one I'm personally aware of.

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...reader-review/
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

I think that's exactly the one that I saw in Minsk! Thanks a lot.
Let's find out the price and how I get hold of it in Sweden.

Note, when I tested this one in the shop, I noticed an extremely irritating flickering every time I turned a page. Anyone else noticed that?

Last edited by martienne; 11-13-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Note, when I tested this one in the shop, I noticed an extremely irritating flickering every time I turned a page.
That's called E-ink
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

My Irex DR 800S did not behave that way.
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
The flickering issue is pretty much with every e-ink reader, unless you get used to it.

My dilemma: Should I buy iPad or Pocketbook?

If I buy iPad, I can browse almost any type of file with hugely fast performance and sufficient battery life. But it causes me eyesores. And I am pretty much will be getting distracted for playing stupid addictive games.

If I buy Pocketbook, I will get hugely stable battery life, non-distracting interface and I can concentrate on my book, and it's less expensive, too. On the other hand, I don't get speed flip-through (the slo-oooo-w page turn), not supporting all file formats and grayscale screen.

There is Pocketbook 912 review. Pretty recent.

912 isn't available worldwide. 902 is. The only difference is that 912 has touch screen. There is a also comparison video by same user.

Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I thought size wasn't supposed to matter?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Netutix, where do you live?
Where would you buy the Pocketbook?
Old 11-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Quote:
Netutix, where do you live?
Where would you buy the Pocketbook?
Possibly I could convince my cousin in US to convince his friend in London to buy one for me and ship it to me.

That should work.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've never heard that before.

Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
That's only if you're Steven Tyler.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #12
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Also the Kindle DX (9.7) inch screen. I have heard that Plastic Logic has an even larger, plastic screen at 10.7 inches:

http://www.plasticlogic.com/news/pr_..._sep122011.php
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #13
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
That's not what I was told.......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #14
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
That's not what I was told.......
Oh gosh men are hopeless.... Back on topic boys

I think there is a new candidate for the ebook reader with the biggest screen:

Jetbook Color* - 9.7 inch and it's got a colour screen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8JMF0alpBg

This one is on sale in the UK for about £400 or so.

This beats the Pocketbook Pro 912 unless I am missing something, right?

*should be "colour" - it's not an American company... ;-)

Last edited by martienne; 05-27-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
This beats the Pocketbook Pro 912 unless I am missing something, right?

*should be "colour" - it's not an American company... ;-)
I would highly recommend reading some reviews on this product.
You can find some conflicting opinions here.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=205

Review websites seem to think the product is not very good (to put it mildly). For instance,
http://www.laptopmag.com/review/erea...ook-color.aspx
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote