Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-24-2017, 06:34 PM   #1
BlackWinny
BlackWinny began at the beginning.

Device: PC + Tablet Chuwi CWI515 (a Windows 10 64-bit 10" tablet)
Reorder alphabetically the tags of a book

Hello !

Is there a function (or a plugin) which reorders alphabetically the tags of a book?

I haven't seen that anywere.

In the new version of Calibre I see now a "tag manager" available by the panel which allows to manage the metadata of a book. This new "tag manager" is a very good new idea... but it would be nice if Kovid added a button to reorder alphabetically the tags already put in the list which is at the right side of this new panel.

Another idea in compliment would be to put also this button for a batch process of this function in the Tag Editor which is available by the local menu of "Tags" at the leftmost side of Calibre or in the "Batch metadata editor" which is available by the general menu at the top of Calibre (there is a "Add tags" and a "Delete tags" and it would be nice to have also a "Reorder tags" in this panel).

Otherwise... is there already a plugin which would manage that in the meanwhile?

Thanks
Jacques
PS: my edition of Calibre is in French so the terms that I use above are perhaps not the right terms, but I think that you guess easily what I'm talking about.
BlackWinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:26 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Hmm, I have exactly the opposite complaint. I don't want the tags sorted alphabetically and actually made some changes to prevent this.

From memory, about the only place that doesn't sort the tags before displaying them is in the metadata editor. In the book details pane, or if you display them in the list view, they are sorted. The tags will get sorted and stored that way if you open the "Tag editor" from within the metadata editor. They are sorted in the "Applied tags" list and will be saved that way when you press the OK button.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert