Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-02-2017, 07:04 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bugs in Marvin 2.9.1 with iOS 11

I'm using Marvin 2.9.1 and I've found a couple of bugs that should be fixed. One is Dropbox not working and the other is that full screen graphic images such as the cover and title are showing up compressed (left/right).

Are these bugs going to be fixed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
1st error has been reported on the other two most recent Marvin posts...Kris is working on it.

2nd error - I doubt it. I don't think that is considered a "bug" as much as it's probably the margin settings you selected. Try minimizing the margin... In any case, my impression is Kris is spending his time working on the new Marvin and only worried about really big errors in the older version.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
2nd error - I doubt it. I don't think that is considered a "bug" as much as it's probably the margin settings you selected. Try minimizing the margin... In any case, my impression is Kris is spending his time working on the new Marvin and only worried about really big errors in the older version.
On your suggestion, I tried t adjust the margins. No go. The text margins are fine when the cover is not.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you using SVG wrapper for the full screen images? and/or what CSS are you using? Did you set "publisher settings" or using Marvin's styling?
Old 10-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

The reason I ask is that there is a known issue with SVG and publisher's mode. But the issue is that it puts the image at the top of the screen with space below instead of centered. The same issue exists in both Marvin 2 and 3.

I exclusively use publisher's settings unless I'm specifically testing something...why else would I spend so much time cleaning up these books?!!? So, I'm not sure what Marvin's default settings will do, but I've never had a problem with margin's on the sides.

Are they small margins - or extreme??
Advert
Old 10-12-2017, 06:12 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Is Marvin 2.9.1 destined to die due to the author not giving a damn?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:58 AM   #7
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I suppose you could always try upgrading to Marvin 3, it's been out for a while now.

Eventually, any version of an app is going the way of the dodo bird. The world is always changing. There are some computer applications such as WordPerfect 5.1 that hung around for years after support was officially dropped. It's not about giving a damn, it's about practicality. It's simply irrational to expect a developer to continue to support old versions forever.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I suppose you could always try upgrading to Marvin 3, it's been out for a while now.

Eventually, any version of an app is going the way of the dodo bird. The world is always changing. There are some computer applications such as WordPerfect 5.1 that hung around for years after support was officially dropped. It's not about giving a damn, it's about practicality. It's simply irrational to expect a developer to continue to support old versions forever.
But if it's going to be in the app store then it needs to have the bugs fixed when a new iOS is released. If we are meant to move to Marvin 3, then Marvin 2 should stop being in the app store.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #9
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But if it's going to be in the app store then it needs to have the bugs fixed when a new iOS is released. If we are meant to move to Marvin 3, then Marvin 2 should stop being in the app store.
There are a lot of no longer supported apps in the app store. Sometimes it's because the developer just walked away, other times because some customers prefer the older version and the developer leaves it there for those who want it.

Many companies continue to permit the downloading of old versions, even if they are no longer supported or maintained. It can be useful if you are still on an old version of iOS.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote