Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #916
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
If any of you uses the Overdrive mobile app, can you check out your libraries from your device? I can no longer borrow anything and tried two of my libraries - they changed something AGAIN to the way mobile browsers display their content, at least on Android - it's really attrocious. Now, everything is squeezed into a tiny column, I have overlapping links, and can't read the buttons, and i am using a phablet (Note 2), so it's not like i am lacking screen size or resolution.
I am getting so aggravated with Overdrive. Can they really not be bothered to do simple browser testing before deploying changes?!

ETA screenshots

Last edited by xendula; 05-31-2014 at 02:01 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:48 PM   #917
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Only almost as much. Isn't that an improvement?

Though I think it actually covers more of the name and/or title then it did before because it's down and over from the corner and there usually isn't anything in the very top of the corner anyway.
1. I never noticed anything being blocked by the old flags, but I definitely do see the circles blocking titles.

2. I am STILL having the problem with having to repeatedly sign in that I posted about a month ago. Is anybody else having this?

3. I rarely access the library from my Sony PRS-T1 but I tried it today to see if there had been any changes. Other than the new circles replacing the old flags, I didn't notice any visual differences. However, the books on my bookshelf (which were checked out as epubs via my home computer, as usual) all say "this device does not support this format" ?!!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #918
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post

3. I rarely access the library from my Sony PRS-T1 but I tried it today to see if there had been any changes. Other than the new circles replacing the old flags, I didn't notice any visual differences. However, the books on my bookshelf (which were checked out as epubs via my home computer, as usual) all say "this device does not support this format" ?!!

Yeah, I noticed that on my T3 last night. And they were books that I had previously downloaded from OD directly to the T3
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #919
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

2. I am STILL having the problem with having to repeatedly sign in that I posted about a month ago. Is anybody else having this?
I have been getting this on my mobile devices and all three of my current libraries for a while: double-sign-in: sign in to view my holds/bookshelf, but need to sign in again before actually donwloading or borrowing. It's so annoying because sign in requires crazy long numbers.

Not as frustrating as trying to donwload books and not being able to click on anything from my phone at the moment. This is totally unacceptable, bd contacting them for support is like jumping through hoops - they use the least user friendly email form ever.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #920
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
If any of you uses the Overdrive mobile app, can you check out your libraries from your device? I can no longer borrow anything and tried two of my libraries - they changed something AGAIN to the way mobile browsers display their content, at least on Android - it's really attrocious. Now, everything is squeezed into a tiny column, I have overlapping links, and can't read the buttons, and i am using a phablet (Note 2), so it's not like i am lacking screen size or resolution.
I am getting so aggravated with Overdrive. Can they really not be bothered to do simple browser testing before deploying changes?!
I just borrowed a book from my library successfully using the Overdrive app on my tablet and when I tap on a book on my phone I do get the option to borrow. What browsers do you use? I checked Dolphin and Opera and they look fine. I do have my browsers set to desktop mode though except for Chrome which doesn't work on my phone unless I go to the menu and tick request desktop. Chrome does work on my tablet though. I never use Chrome on my phone because I prefer desktop mode and I can't do that permanently.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #921
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
I just borrowed a book from my library successfully using the Overdrive app on my tablet and when I tap on a book on my phone I do get the option to borrow. What browsers do you use? I checked Dolphin and Opera and they look fine. I do have my browsers set to desktop mode though except for Chrome which doesn't work on my phone unless I go to the menu and tick request desktop. Chrome does work on my tablet though. I never use Chrome on my phone because I prefer desktop mode and I can't do that permanently.
I use the actual app, so whatever built-in browser they use. I wonder if it is library specific now. Do you use the OD app on your phone and you can see everything OK?

Screenshots
Old 05-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #922
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I use the actual app, so whatever built-in browser they use. I wonder if it is library specific now. Do you use the OD app on your phone and you can see everything OK?

Screenshots
Everything looks fine on my Nexus 5. On your stock browser, do you happen to have the font size set to large? Your screenshots look like some sites I go to if I have the font size set to anything but normal.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #923
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
I actually had this come up again recently. It had been solved, so I'm guessing something in their recent changes undid whatever fix was in place....
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #924
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Ugh the new circle icon looks very horrible done. It also covers the title more.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:38 PM   #925
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There is one thing I do kinda like about the latest changes. When I look at my wish list, and hover over a title, it'll either give me a "go to holds" button or a "place a hold" button. So it's real easy to tell in the wish list which books I already have on hold, something that wasn't possible before. I don't like the new tiny little add to wish list button now though.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:54 PM   #926
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
They also moved the "bookmark" (for books on the wish list) from below the book cover to the upper left-hand corner of the book cover. So now there's the circle *and* and bookmark covering the cover.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #927
applewine
Enthusiast
applewine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Am I the only one that has noticed that the return early option will allow multiple people to check out the same copy at the same time?
applewine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #928
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applewine View Post
Am I the only one that has noticed that the return early option will allow multiple people to check out the same copy at the same time?
I'm sure if you really thought about it, there are ways to check it out once and keep it forever. Same thing, except it's even more obvious pirating!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #929
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Everything looks fine on my Nexus 5. On your stock browser, do you happen to have the font size set to large? Your screenshots look like some sites I go to if I have the font size set to anything but normal.
No, font eize on default browser us set to small.
Problem seems to be fixed, library sites display again as they should. Hope I did not miss my hold times... Checking now....
Old 06-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #930
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by applewine View Post
How so?