Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Nook STR and SD card

One of the things I like about the Nook is that it has an SD card slot. But I put one in, finally, and my Nook kept having error messages and froze up. When I took the SD card out, everything was fine. Is there something special you have to do other than just popping it in? Does anyone have any info/links/whatever about the STR and SD cards? I'm not very techie so I can't figure this out on my own.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #2
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
I had an "action" video camera freeze and fail which support told me could be due to a cheap OEM micro-SD card. I'd try another and see if it's any better.

FWIW, I've got 16gb cards in my Nook ST Glow and my wife's Nook ST Glow and they both work fine.
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Hmm yeah. I had bought an SD card for my phone, and then saw that the phone already came with one that didn't have very much storage, so I took that one out and put it in my Nook. Maybe I should switch them back.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
One of the things I like about the Nook is that it has an SD card slot. But I put one in, finally, and my Nook kept having error messages and froze up. When I took the SD card out, everything was fine. Is there something special you have to do other than just popping it in? Does anyone have any info/links/whatever about the STR and SD cards? I'm not very techie so I can't figure this out on my own.
Assuming that you have a SD card reader to use with your PC/Laptop, you can try reformatting the SD card (as FAT32). If that doesn't help, it's likely you have a bad card.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #5
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Phones in particular can use none standard formatting for SD cards. You can format via your computer. Formatting should either be FAT or FAT32. The Nook should be able to read either of the two Format
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert