Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
Hacks Interferring with Beta-Testing?

Hi,

I've been invited to beta-test a kindle app before its release. Does this mean I will need to remove jailbreak, etc? Or will I be able to leave things as they are? Will any of the jailbreak components clash?

I have installed the hacks from the first post in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127052
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Is the person asking you to beta test an official Amazon developer?

As far as I know, the only hack that will not be supported are the devkey hack, which allow you to run your own custom made active content applications.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Yeah (small developer) - not one to tell tales, so I'm not worried about that side of things. I'll uninstall dev-keys and see if that does the trick?

Last edited by Tanga; 03-31-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I think that will solve it. In order to beta test things, you have to have the developer's keys, not the hacked dev keys.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
Tanga
Zealot

Thanks Kranu!

Update: Installed fine. Thanks again.

Last edited by Tanga; 04-01-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Advert