Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
Toppity
Toppity began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle registration change question

I've just bought a Kindle2 for a friend for Christmas. It is automatically registered to my Amazon account. I understand I will transfer it to my friend's account.
My question is if I put books on it while on my account, whether they will still be accessible for my friend when the registration is changed. Or dothey get de-authorized somehow.
Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Toppity; 12-07-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Correction
Toppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
they will stay on it until you un-register it from your account. your friend can even register it to themself, and the books will stay. my son and I have done this
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Malcolm
Enthusiast
Malcolm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, K4PC, Kindle 2, Droid Eris
@kindlekitten:
That's correct the book will remain on the Kindle after re-registering to the new owner
but, if it's deleted from the device, then they will not be able to recover it from their Amazon page (because it's on original owners page). So, best backup the Kindle files so a copy is available.
Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote