Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Perhaps just an ANSI sequence "overlay" for the e-ink display and touch screen input would do the job.
Anyone up to writing a VT100 ANSI sequence to e-ink display layer?
ncurses will run on __anything__ that understands VT100 ANSI character control sequences.
You could "steal" it from matan's myts (onscreen terminal emulator). I plan to do my own though, due to that GPL virus that lurks in dark corners of this forum.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-18-2012 at 11:15 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #17
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You could "steal" it from matan's myts (onscreen terminal emulator). I plan to do my own though, due to that GPL virus that lurks in dark corners of this forum.
Lets hope Richard Stallman isn't on Mobileread
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Lets hope Richard Stallman isn't on Mobileread
Actually, I think he is lurking here (or at least his caricature). Doesn't that look like Richard Stallman seated in the left chair, in the "Linux Poker" cartoon that knc1 posted? But then, Richard is sort of disgusted by the whole "linux thing" stealing his spotlight, so why would he play "linux poker" to begin with? Now, if it was "GNU poker", then it would all make more sense:

And for comparison, here is a recent video taken during a lecture, where RMS takes off his sock, picks something off his foot, and eats it:

EDIT: My intent here is NOT to show disrespect for RMS. He has made great contributions to computing and I respect his body of work. I am just showing how people with great minds usually have some very odd quirks (including many famous technophiles: Leonardo DaVinci, Archimedes, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison, Richard Feynman, Alan Turing, Albert Einstein, and many others). There are even people here who think that geekmaster has odd quirks (but don't we all, more or less?)... [Read the links above!]

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-18-2012 at 01:34 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
There is a parser for the control character sequences in the public domain, see:
http://www.vt100.net/emu/dec_ansi_parser
Page down to: "An Implementation"

or:
http://www.vt100.net/emu/vtparse.tar.gz

Reading the background information would be a good idea also:
http://www.vt100.net/emu/
http://www.vt100.net/

Plus - given enough time, I can probably find my copy of the Data General 'smart' terminal manuals (which also did VTsomething emulation).

Last edited by knc1; 05-18-2012 at 12:49 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #20
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Done!

To install:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=179286

Install extend

/opt/bin/ipkg update
/opt/bin/ipkg install mc
/opt/bin/mc
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote