Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Sony Reader Registration Question

Ok, so I haven't been on here in forever. And even when I was on regularly, I was more a lurker than active poster. My apologies for just jumping back in with a question. I'm looking into getting a new Sony Reader, due to some problems with my beloved PRS-600, but the Reader software won't open on my computer. I don't remember (and can't find for the life of me online) whether Sony's Readers need to be registered with the Reader software in order to be registered with ADE. Anyone have answers to this? I'm trying to figure out so that I'm a little more prepared when my 600 kicks the bucket. :/ Help is much appreciated!

Thanks!
evenstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:35 AM   #2
Blackadder
Somewhat bored
Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo hd
Not sure you need to register the reader with the Reader software, I've certainly haven't. But when I tried to use my old PRS-600 without the Reader software installed, ADE didn't 'see' it as a device on my PC.

So I installed the Reader software, it must have installed some drivers. Since then never used it, only use ADE to get DRM books.

Since getting the 650, just plugged it in, authorised it with ADE only and 'bobs yer uncle' as they say.
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Dunno 'bout the T1, but for the x50 sreies, you only need to register with Adobe.

You can save to file and Calibre it - or use Reader.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Excellent. Thank you so much!
evenstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Dunno 'bout the T1, but for the x50 sreies, you only need to register with Adobe.

You can save to file and Calibre it - or use Reader.
For the T1, you register over wifi - this will then allow you to download from the Store, the library and Google Books without registering to ADE.

If you get everything over wifi, there's no need to register the reader to ADE or load the Reader software to your computer at all.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade, registration, software