Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
ich461
ich461 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
calibre fetch news to epub for sony,no table of contents

I'm using Sony prs 350, fetch news fine with calibre, only one problem, there's no "table of contents", no categories, all the article are just there, one page by one page, you can't choose to read......well, there is a button for "table of contents", but when you click it, it just turns to the front page..
I used to use kindle, it was all good, the category was very clear, i can see the shortcuts of all the articles in one page,i can choose one link to click in and read....Maybe it was because Calibre automatically create "mobi" files instead of epub?

Thanks
ich461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You need to set your preferred output format to EPUB and you need to set the Sony output device profile.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
ich461

Thanks upstairs, but how? there's option for "output" preference, but including all types of formats, u r only allowed to change the specific format, i can't find where to tick the "prefered output format".....Many Thanks........
Old 06-12-2011, 12:08 AM   #4
ich461

I still don't know how to set the default output to epub format, it seems to create mobi first, then convert to epub when I connect my device in.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ich461 View Post
I still don't know how to set the default output to epub format, it seems to create mobi first, then convert to epub when I connect my device in.
i assume that what's being referred to is 'preferences'->'common options'->'page setup'->'output profile'.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Profile is where alansplace said.

Preferred output format is in, Preferences -> Behavior -> Preferred output format.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool whoops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Profile is where alansplace said.

Preferred output format is in, Preferences -> Behavior -> Preferred output format.
whoops! well it's still kinda' early on sunday morning here on the pacific coast, sorry about that.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote