Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2022, 03:16 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I'm one of those who had a lot of instability with my Libra 2. I put it through its paces with this new firmware last night, including switching back and forth between books, switching between reading books and reading Pocket articles, bouncing between the home screen and My Books, and more, plus popping up dictionaries, changing font and other settings, and so on. Everything worked fine, with no hangs and no delays.
Thank you for letting us know. I'll be updating to this firmware sooner rather then later.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:41 PM   #32
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I upgraded (manually) my Aurav2v1, Clara and Libra 2 for FW 4.33.19759 without issues. However, I noticed that neither device shows afterwards the according latest release notes, obtainable via:
More > Settings > Device Information > What's new:

Merely some old release notes are presented. Is this normal?

Further, the new pinch-feature could be nice but I get mixed results: sometimes the preview of the changed font is not shown at all (just a white circle), or the font change reaction on pinching is very slow. Both noticed on the Libra 2. I assume some additional tweaking is needed for the future.

Also I now get some advertising for KoboPlus after returning from sleep.

PDF zoom-lock works nicely!

Last edited by DrChiper; 07-22-2022 at 03:50 PM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2022, 03:51 PM   #33
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I upgraded (manually) my Aurav2v1, Clara and Libra 2 for FW 4.33.19759 without issues. However, I noticed that neither device shows afterwards the according latest release notes, obtainable via:

Further, the new pinch-feature could be nice but I get mixed results: sometimes the preview of the changed font is not shown at all (just a white circle), or the font change reaction on pinching is very slow. Both noticed on the Libra 2. I assume some additional tweaking is needed for the future.

Can you provide specifics? Is wifi on? Ads of any sort are a no-go for me.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:56 PM   #34
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
[/I][/B]
Can you provide specifics? Is wifi on? Ads of any sort are a no-go for me.
I have Wifi always off, so it is just buildin advertisement I guess It happens just now when I switched my Libra on. No idea whether it will show up again.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:01 PM   #35
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
PDF zoom-lock works nicely!
Provided you keep reading that PDF. When switching to another book and back, the zooming setting is gone

Last edited by DrChiper; 07-23-2022 at 05:05 AM.
Advert
Old 07-22-2022, 04:12 PM   #36
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have Wifi always off, so it is just buildin advertisement I guess It happens just now when I switched my Libra on. No idea whether it will show up again.
It sounds like you power off your Kobo vs. wake-up from sleep mode. Still, it's something I don't want to see.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:13 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It sounds like you power off your Kobo vs. wake-up from sleep mode. Still, it's something I don't want to see.

Thanks for the reply.
I'll find out on Sunday when I have the time to deal with the patches about this advert. I also keep WiFi off.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:22 PM   #38
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
It sounds like you power off your Kobo vs. wake-up from sleep mode.
Not quite so: I did a power-off/restart cycle to find out whether that improved the showing of the new release notes: It didn't. And no advertisement either.
Thereafter I did put the Libra 2 to sleep. Reactivating from sleep (via button, as I do not own a sleep-cover) brought up the advertisement screen.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.
You're welcome.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:49 PM   #39
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Reactivating from sleep (via button, as I do not own a sleep-cover) brought up the advertisement screen.

You're welcome.
Please, Kobo, don't go down the Amazon road.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:54 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Please, Kobo, don't go down the Amazon road.
I've requested a patch to remove the KoboPlus advert. I hope it's possible to do.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:01 PM   #41
DrChiper
Bookish

After several tries (sleep/awake) I have seen this until now just once. Hopefully it stays that way
Old 07-22-2022, 05:16 PM   #42
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabryele View Post
Im' curious... what affiliate find this update already now?
I'm with "kobo", or in "rakutenbooks" and no update found.
I always use “bestbuyca”.

See others here : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Affiliate.conf

That said, I noticed that my Kobo was adding other affiliate.conf files (with letters and numbers in the name.) I had to delete those before my Kobo could find the update for the right affiliate “bestbuyca” The others (there like 3 or 4 affiliate files) were all with “Kobo”. Strange. I never noticed that before or I was not paying attention.

Same thing with the Libra and the Libra 2.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:14 PM   #43
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I manually updated my Walmart USA Libra 2 with the regular, no-affiliation firmware and it worked fine. The pinch to change font size is pretty neat, though i use Plato so it won't matter. Hopefully this update fixes the sporadic USB connection issue
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:44 PM   #44
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've requested a patch to remove the KoboPlus advert. I hope it's possible to do.
Where does this advertisement appear? In the Home screen? I have yet to see one on mine. What does it look like?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:28 PM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:

This is expected. The release notes are downloaded to the device when the update is downloaded. Manually applying the update means that doesn't happen.
Quote:
The circle show whatever text was between your fingers when you do the pinch. If there is nothing there, nothing will be shown. And if the text is off-centre, as the size gets bigger it can drift out of the circle.
Quote:
You should get that once. When it is shown, it should set an entry in the config file. If that isn't happening, it might show again. It should happen once when navigating to the home screen.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-22-2022 at 10:31 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release