Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-15-2021, 04:48 PM   #31
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Thanks again for all your hard work on this.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:30 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
And +100 on the thanks to @tubemonkey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Thanks again for all your hard work on this.
Thanks, guys
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2021, 05:23 PM   #33
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'm looking for an unlocked Android cell phone (GSM). I've been using a Motorola Moto G5 Plus, 5th gen, 32gb, which has started acting funny (phone doesn't ring--incoming calls go straight to voice mail and don't show up in the call history; if I restart it works OK for a while, then the problem recurs without warning). So ... apparently time for a new phone.

I'd like to get something comparable, under $200 if possible. I'm predisposed to another Motorola. Thanks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:46 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Walmart Black Friday
================================================== ==========

Customer Service / Rewards================================================== ==========

Black Friday Sales
Quote:
Blue numbers take you to the 03~07 Nov ad page and details about the items on sale.

Red numbers take you to the 10~14 Nov ad page and details about the items on sale.

Blue numbers take you to the 22 Nov ad pages with details about the dates and sale items.
Tablets --- 01 | 02

Smartphones --- 03 | 01 | 06 | 07 | 08

Smart Devices --- 03 | 05

Stream Media --- 03 | 05

================================================== ==========

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-28-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:41 PM   #35
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm looking for an unlocked Android cell phone (GSM). I've been using a Motorola Moto G5 Plus, 5th gen, 32gb, which has started acting funny (phone doesn't ring--incoming calls go straight to voice mail and don't show up in the call history; if I restart it works OK for a while, then the problem recurs without warning). So ... apparently time for a new phone.

I'd like to get something comparable, under $200 if possible. I'm predisposed to another Motorola. Thanks.
Have you tried doing a factory reset on it? Often that'll fix problems like that, although they'll eventually return. I had to factory reset my Galaxy S8 earlier this year after it suddenly decided my fingerprint and password were no longer valid. Kind of hard to use when you can't login at all. It's been working normally ever since.

It will be like a new phone afterwards, you'll have to login and set everything up again, so be sure you backup everything you want to be certain of keeping.

At the very least it'll hopefully give more time to find a replacement without having to worry about the old one acting up.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2021, 06:16 PM   #36
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Have you tried doing a factory reset on it? Often that'll fix problems like that, although they'll eventually return. I had to factory reset my Galaxy S8 earlier this year after it suddenly decided my fingerprint and password were no longer valid. Kind of hard to use when you can't login at all. It's been working normally ever since.

It will be like a new phone afterwards, you'll have to login and set everything up again, so be sure you backup everything you want to be certain of keeping.

At the very least it'll hopefully give more time to find a replacement without having to worry about the old one acting up.
Thanks for the advice. I've had intermittent fingerprint and password issues too. I haven't done a factory reset; so far just a restart has worked, albeit temporarily. The phone is four years old, so it may just be time to retire it, especially if there's a good Black Friday deal.

I had been planning to look for a cheap phone to use as a mini-tablet, but after the recent troubles I've had, I think I'll be better off buying a nice new phone and using the current phone as the mini-tablet.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:25 PM   #37
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Walmart

Walmart Announces 2021 Return of “Black Friday Deals for Days”
Quote:
This Time With Special Early Access for Walmart+ Members

Best savings of the season spread across three events plus incredible deals to shop today

BENTONVILLE, Ark., Oct. 18, 2021 — After overwhelmingly positive customer feedback for Walmart’s reinvented Black Friday shopping experience last year, the retailer is announcing the return of its month-long savings event, “Black Friday Deals for Days.” Walmart’s second annual Black Friday Deals for Days events will deliver the incredible prices customers expect from the most anticipated shopping day of the year with a safe, convenient shopping experience – this time with a little something extra for Walmart+ members. New this year, paying Walmart+ members will receive early access to online Black Friday events throughout November – an opportunity to shop all the same hot deals four hours earlier than the scheduled start times for all three events.
Quote:
Like last year, Walmart will spread out its Black Friday savings to three events throughout November to offer customers the best prices of the season on the must-have gifts topping everyone’s holiday shopping lists. Each savings event will begin online at Walmart.com and continue with the same deals in Walmart stores.
Quote:
Walmart will have more of every event product available so as many customers as possible can take advantage of the season’s best deals. Walmart customers will discover savings on new items from top brands, like Samsung, Reebok, Apple and Keurig, and wow-worthy deals on hundreds of exclusive items that can only be found at Walmart and Walmart.com.
Quote:
For customers looking to get a jump on their holiday shopping, there’s no need to wait until November. Customers can shop thousands of deals available right now on Walmart.com, plus Black Friday savings on select items starting today at 8:15 p.m. ET, while supplies last. Early Black Friday deals include:

Ninja 4QT Air Fryer at $69
55” TCL Smart 4K UHDTV at $298
Bounce Pro 14’ Trampoline at $184
LEGO 442-piece Classic Bricks on a Roll at $20

In addition to the deals starting today and the upcoming “Black Friday Deals for Days” events, Walmart will offer Rollbacks on items across the store and on Walmart.com, on top of its everyday low prices. So, no matter when or how customers want to shop, they can benefit from huge savings for every item on their lists, all season long at Walmart.

more...

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-28-2021 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:29 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Walmart

Walmart Black Friday Savings Events
Quote:
Event 1 (Deals begin online Nov. 3 and continue in stores Nov. 5): Walmart is kicking the season off early with amazing deals on toys and electronics during its first Black Friday event.

Starting online at Walmart.com on Wednesday, Nov. 3 at 7 p.m. ET, customers can purchase items like a 55-inch TCL 4K Roku TV for only $228, the L.O.L. Surprise! Amazing Surprise Doll set for just $64 and the always popular Keurig K-Compact for $35. Event 1 also features Walmart’s tire savings events, including Goodyear tires at $20 off with a free tire balance. Deals continue in stores starting Friday, Nov. 5 at 5 a.m. local time.

Walmart+ members get early access to deals from 3 p.m. ET – 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Nov. 3.
Quote:
Event 2 (Deals begin online Nov. 10 and continue in stores Nov. 12): Walmart’s second Black Friday event will bring customers even more savings across the store including apparel, home goods, hardlines and more.

Deals start online at Walmart.com on Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 7 p.m. ET and continue in stores beginning Friday, Nov. 12 at 5 a.m. local time. During Event 2, customers can take advantage of deep savings on items like an exclusive Blackstone 22-inch Griddle with a hard cover and carrying case for just $117, Walmart’s exclusive lightweight and powerful HP i3 Laptop for $279, and a Shark EZ Robot Vacuum for an incredible price of $288.

Walmart+ members get early access to deals from 3 p.m. ET – 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Nov. 10.
Quote:
Event 3: Walmart will wrap up a month of savings with a third event that will bring its biggest, best savings of the season for the most exciting shopping day of the year.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-28-2021 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:03 AM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Current Sales

Note -- post #3 has a list of stores with active BF sales
Old 10-19-2021, 02:23 PM   #40
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I've had intermittent fingerprint and password issues too. I haven't done a factory reset; so far just a restart has worked, albeit temporarily.
Since they're from different manufacturers, it sounds like that password thing is a bug in Android itself. That actually makes me a bit less worried about it redeveloping on my phone again anytime soon, as it took nearly 3 years before it happened the first time.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:20 PM   #41
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Since they're from different manufacturers, it sounds like that password thing is a bug in Android itself. That actually makes me a bit less worried about it redeveloping on my phone again anytime soon, as it took nearly 3 years before it happened the first time.
Mine would ask me for a password to enable the fingerprint, I would enter the password, use my fingerprint, and be asked again for the password, etc. I think it happened only a few times, and restarting fixed it.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #42
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Mine would ask me for a password to enable the fingerprint, I would enter the password, use my fingerprint, and be asked again for the password, etc. I think it happened only a few times, and restarting fixed it.
My G7 has been asking for PIN more frequently also. Then it settles down for a bit. So it might be a glitch in the Moto tools
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:39 PM   #43
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
My S8 completely locked me out, restarting didn't help any. It began with the fingerprint unlock starting to fail often, then failing entirely, even after I added new fingerprints.

A few days later it stopped accepting my password as well, and remote unlock also failed. If it happens again I'll probably try disabling passwords entirely to buy more time and I'll definitely get a new phone at that point.

I discovered in the process that Samsung's cloud backup is awesome, much better than Google's. I was surprised.
Old 10-20-2021, 04:23 PM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sam's Club

Sam's Club just posted the first of their many holidays ads. See their Black Friday post.

BF/CM AdsMonthly Ads

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-22-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: S
Old 10-22-2021, 03:51 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Costco

Costco's Holiday Savings ad just dropped and it includes Black Friday and Cyber Monday. See their Black Friday post.

Holiday Savings
  • 01~14 Nov --- Holiday Savings (pg 01~09)
  • 15~29 Nov --- Holiday Savings (pg 10~22)
  • 25~25 Nov --- Thanksgiving Sale (pg 23) --- online only
  • 26~29 Nov --- Black Friday Sale (pg 24~30)
  • 29~29 Nov --- Cyber Monday Sale (pg 31) --- online only

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-22-2021 at 04:16 PM.