Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #46
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has the new patch for the header/footer been added to the standard patches yet?
I've done the bulk of the work but I'm still waiting for some technical clarification info from @geek1011 before committing the change to GitHub.

I'd be surprised if there was a new kobopatch zip released just for this, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Quote:
I've added a before that I posted in another thread. If it's not good enough, I'll do another after to match the the before.
I know I'm a nitpicker but a "matching pair" would be preferable, if possible.
In addition, I believe I'm still waiting for you to do your bit as requested on 15th December.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:54 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I've done the bulk of the work but I'm still waiting for some technical clarification info from @geek1011 before committing the change to GitHub.

I'd be surprised if there was a new kobopatch zip released just for this, though.
Thanks for the update.

Quote:
In addition, I believe I'm still waiting for you to do your bit as requested on 15th December.
I'll make a new after to match the before.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've replaced the after with a new screenshot. It should be OK.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:51 PM   #49
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've replaced the after with a new screenshot. It should be OK.
Thanks.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:45 PM   #50
bachvarov
bachvarov began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What error messages are seen in the log file? Delete the log file in the out directory, run kobopatch.bat and post the new log file. For the love of whatever deities you may or may not believe in, post it as an attachment or wrap in in spoiler tags if posted inline.
Hi,

there is no log file. Absolutely nothing happens after i run the bat file. I tried with older patches and the bat runs o.k. It is only with this patch.
bachvarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #51
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachvarov View Post
there is no log file. Absolutely nothing happens after i run the bat file.
This can happen if you put an incorrect firmware version in the 'src' folder (or did not put it at all).
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 12:38 PM   #52
bachvarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
This can happen if you put an incorrect firmware version in the 'src' folder (or did not put it at all).
Hi,
I took the firmware for Kobo Libra H2O from
https://kbdownload1-a.akamaihd.net/f...4.25.15875.zip
I copied it to the SRC folder fort sure.
Is it possible that the link refers to a wrong version?
Old 12-26-2020, 01:56 PM   #53
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is it possible that the link refers to a wrong version?
Link is correct, but what version is in the 'kobopatch.yaml' file? May be have copied it and forgot to correct the version number.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:01 AM   #54
bachvarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Link is correct, but what version is in the 'kobopatch.yaml' file? May be have copied it and forgot to correct the version number.
Hi,

thank you very much for your support. The problem is caused by kobopatch.yaml (attached). It looks o.k to me, but something must be wrong. Anyway when i run the bat not using kobopatch.yaml everything is fine (it is a lot more work however)
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobopatch.zip (1.3 KB, 190 views)
Old 12-29-2020, 08:37 AM   #55
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hi,

thank you very much for your support. The problem is caused by kobopatch.yaml (attached). It looks o.k to me, but something must be wrong. Anyway when i run the bat not using kobopatch.yaml everything is fine (it is a lot more work however)
At the end of your line 38:
Code:
Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks:Yes
add a space between the colon : and Yes
Old 12-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #56
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
It looks o.k to me, but something must be wrong
In such cases when a log is not created and you cannot find the error yourself, you just need to add the last line
Code:
pause
to 'kobopatch.bat'
And you will immediately see which line the error is on.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:08 PM   #57
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Has the new patch for the header/footer been added to the standard patches yet?
I've just committed new patch Custom header/footer captions to @geek1011's GitHub site. The new customise caption width feature is Part 3 of the patch.

The new patch completely replaces old patch Custom new header/footer font.

It will be in the next kobopatch release (whenever that is). If you want to see it before then you can find it at the GitHub site from line 194 of this file.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:52 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I've just committed new patch Custom header/footer captions to @geek1011's GitHub site. The new customise caption width feature is Part 3 of the patch.

The new patch completely replaces old patch Custom new header/footer font.

It will be in the next kobopatch release (whenever that is). If you want to see it before then you can find it at the GitHub site from line 194 of this file.
Why a value of 116? When a value of 70 works?

Code:
# AuraHD/H2O/H2Ov2/GloHD/ClaraHD/LibraH2O
#- {Find: "footerMargin: 170;", Replace: "footerMargin:116;"}
Code:
- Find:    "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 170;\n}"
Replace: "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 70;\n}"
Old 12-31-2020, 08:01 AM   #59
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Why a value of 116? When a value of 70 works?

Code:
# AuraHD/H2O/H2Ov2/GloHD/ClaraHD/LibraH2O
#- {Find: "footerMargin: 170;", Replace: "footerMargin:116;"}
It's set as a *default* value which, by my definition, should be based on logic rather than the spurious whims of one user who owns only a single Kobo model.

The lines of code you've referenced state clearly that this value will be used by all these models AuraHD/H2O/H2Ov2/GloHD/ClaraHD/LibraH2O. To avoid the potential "dogear bookmark problem" I've outlined previously, the *default* value needs to be big enough to accommodate the largest dogear icon in that set of models, namely the LibraH2O, whose dogear icon is 116x110px. The AuraHD/H2O/H2Ov2/GloHD/ClaraHD models all use a dogear icon sized 102x97px.

It looks like you didn't bother to read any of the Help notes I added to the patch where I attempted to explain this.
Code:
# Part 3. Increase the width of header/footer captions by reducing the width
#         of the pageturn tap zones in the footer's left/right corners
# N.B: 
#   The default Replace values below have been set larger than you might prefer.
#     This is to avoid the possibility of the "dogear" bookmark icon
#     in the top right corner being partially obscured by the header caption's white background.
#   See screenshot at following link for an example of what can sometimes happen 
#     if the new Replace value is too small.
#     https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=34
#   Feel free to reduce your custom Replace values if a wider caption area
#     is more important to you than "dogear" aesthetics. 
#     Alternatively, look at the Hint in Part 1 of this patch for a way to avoid
#     the "dogear" problem.
Pay particular attention to the last 4 lines.

I'd like to finish by saying that all the work I do on kobopatch is voluntary. Your obnoxious argumentative attitude regarding the addition of this new feature means I'm unlikely to ever respond positively to any future patch request you might make. In other words, find another mug.

@everyone,
If the Help notes in this (or any other) patch are not as clear/helpful as they could be I'm open to suggestions for improving them.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:09 AM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It's set as a *default* value which, by my definition, should be based on logic rather than the spurious whims of one user who owns only a single Kobo model.

The lines of code you've referenced state clearly that this value will be used by all these models AuraHD/H2O/H2Ov2/GloHD/ClaraHD/LibraH2O. To avoid the potential "dogear bookmark problem" I've outlined previously, the *default* value needs to be big enough to accommodate the largest dogear icon in that set of models, namely the LibraH2O, whose dogear icon is 116x110px. The AuraHD/H2O/H2Ov2/GloHD/ClaraHD models all use a dogear icon sized 102x97px.

It looks like you didn't bother to read any of the Help notes I added to the patch where I attempted to explain this.
Code:
# Part 3. Increase the width of header/footer captions by reducing the width
#         of the pageturn tap zones in the footer's left/right corners
# N.B: 
#   The default Replace values below have been set larger than you might prefer.
#     This is to avoid the possibility of the "dogear" bookmark icon
#     in the top right corner being partially obscured by the header caption's white background.
#   See screenshot at following link for an example of what can sometimes happen 
#     if the new Replace value is too small.
#     https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=34
#   Feel free to reduce your custom Replace values if a wider caption area
#     is more important to you than "dogear" aesthetics. 
#     Alternatively, look at the Hint in Part 1 of this patch for a way to avoid
#     the "dogear" problem.
Pay particular attention to the last 4 lines.

I'd like to finish by saying that all the work I do on kobopatch is voluntary. Your obnoxious argumentative attitude regarding the addition of this new feature means I'm unlikely to ever respond positively to any future patch request you might make. In other words, find another mug.

@everyone,
If the Help notes in this (or any other) patch are not as clear/helpful as they could be I'm open to suggestions for improving them.
I did not read those 4 lines. I also did not know that the Libra has a larger dogear. I'm not trying to to be obnoxious. I do apologize if it came off that way.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching