Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #1
rigogsilva
Enthusiast
rigogsilva doesn't litterrigogsilva doesn't litter

Device: kobo libra h20, kobo aura h20, kindle, boox nova 2
Kobo app in boox nova 2

Hi,

Has anyone used the kobo app in a boox nova 2 device? I am curious because I am having all sorts of issues.

The main issue is that when I finish reading in the nova2, close the app, and re-open, it goes back to the previous "latest page". Also, if I stop reading on the nova 2, and open another kobo device, it doesn't prompt me to move to the latest page.

Seems like I will have to read with the the built in reader.
rigogsilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigogsilva View Post
Hi,

Has anyone used the kobo app in a boox nova 2 device? I am curious because I am having all sorts of issues.

The main issue is that when I finish reading in the nova2, close the app, and re-open, it goes back to the previous "latest page". Also, if I stop reading on the nova 2, and open another kobo device, it doesn't prompt me to move to the latest page.

Seems like I will have to read with the the built in reader.
Kepub, epub or both?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #3
rigogsilva
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Kepub, epub or both?
I downloaded directly through the kobo app. So I am assuming it uses Kepub.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:03 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
I downloaded directly through the kobo app. So I am assuming it uses Kepub.
I've only read side-loaded epubs. I'll download one of my books via the app and see what happens...

Edit: Ok, when I finish reading, close the Kobo app (by going to open apps, selecting the "x" on the Kobo app), and then re-open the app, it goes directly to my books. From there, I select the book and it opens to the last page displayed when I closed the app.

I just tried syncing via the desktop app and it syncs the location with the Nova2. I cannot replicate your precise problem as I keep wifi off on my Kobo devices.

Last edited by Skydog; 07-28-2020 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Edit #2
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
rigogsilva
Enthusiast

Yes, I can sync the pages from the nova 2 app. The issue is if I read in nova2, it doesn't stay on the new page.

I tried the steps suggested. Read, close the app through the by selecting the x, but when I open the book again, the page is on the old page that I had started reading.

E.g: started reading on page 9, on page 20 close the app. Open the app again and it is back to page 9.
Advert
Old 07-29-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Do you have one of the devices set to the wrong date? If it is later than all the others, when a sync happens, the latest reading date is used. If one is set to a future date, the reading status from it will be used.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #7
rigogsilva
Enthusiast

Kobo answer my support question. Thanks for the help in this forum!

Here is the fix for it:
First of all, we will try repair your Kobo account, in order to do that, please follow these steps
1. Tap the Kobo icon at the top of the screen.
2. Go to the Home screen.
3. Tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen.
4. Tap Settings.
5. Scroll to the bottom and tap Repair your account.
6. Tap Repair.

After that, we will logout and login back from the device, in order to do that, please follow these steps:
1. Tap the Kobo icon at the top of the screen
4. Tap Settings.
5. Tap Sign out of Kobo.
6. Tap Continue.
Then sign in again, if the issue remains
Old 07-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #8
rigogsilva
Enthusiast

The thing now is that I downloaded Koreader (due to the issue) and I am not sure which one to use. Koreader vs kobo app.

Last edited by rigogsilva; 07-30-2020 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:33 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Kobo answer my support question. Thanks for the help in this forum!

Here is the fix for it:
First of all, we will try repair your Kobo account, in order to do that, please follow these steps
1. Tap the Kobo icon at the top of the screen.
4. Tap Settings.
5. Scroll to the bottom and tap Repair your account.
6. Tap Repair.

After that, we will logout and login back from the device, in order to do that, please follow these steps:
1. Tap the Kobo icon at the top of the screen
4. Tap Settings.
5. Tap Sign out of Kobo.
6. Tap Continue.
Then sign in again, if the issue remains
Did you miss something here? If the repair works, there is no reason to do the sign out. Unless there is something else wrong. And if there was, then you skip the repair and go straight to the sign out. And, if you don't sign in again at the end, you won't have access to any books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #10
rigogsilva
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Did you miss something here? If the repair works, there is no reason to do the sign out. Unless there is something else wrong. And if there was, then you skip the repair and go straight to the sign out. And, if you don't sign in again at the end, you won't have access to any books.
I am not sure. I did the repair account alone before and that did not do the trick. I think it was the sign in and out? Not sure, I also re-downloaded the app which did not work before.

The two steps worked fine.

Tags
app, boox, kobo, nova