Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #1
eregs
eregs began at the beginning.

Device: none
issues with sigil 0.8.4

I am having issues with sigil 0.8.4: My system MacBook Air, Yosemite 10.10.2:
I am unable to rename the text sections, the right click option does not work to be able to add semantics, rename etc. Any ideas?
Thanks
eregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:55 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
Are you by any chance either using a mousepad on a laptop or trackpad. If so, to right click use your control key and trackpad click. Or change your trackpad setting to use tap instead of click in MacOS X Preferences. There is some bug in Qt5.4 that relates to right button trackpad/mousepad clicks where it appears and disappears too fast to be seen. By simply changing how you invoke right click on the trackpad/mousepad, you can work around it until the next version of Qt is released.

KevinH

PS: See this post for more details

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eregs View Post
I am having issues with sigil 0.8.4: My system MacBook Air, Yosemite 10.10.2:
I am unable to rename the text sections, the right click option does not work to be able to add semantics, rename etc. Any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited by KevinH; 02-24-2015 at 11:01 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #3
eregs
eregs began at the beginning.

Device: none
issues with sigil 0.8.4

Hi KevinH,

Thank you for your response, your solution worked!

Thanks very much,

eregs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,
Are you by any chance either using a mousepad on a laptop or trackpad. If so, to right click use your control key and trackpad click. Or change your trackpad setting to use tap instead of click in MacOS X Preferences. There is some bug in Qt5.4 that relates to right button trackpad/mousepad clicks where it appears and disappears too fast to be seen. By simply changing how you invoke right click on the trackpad/mousepad, you can work around it until the next version of Qt is released.

KevinH

PS: See this post for more details

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=8

eregs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
resolution