Notices

Old 07-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
edabxv
edabxv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
connecting from one Calibre app to another Calibre server

Hi,

I don't know if title would be clear, so:

I have Calibre intalled on my home machine and have content server running.

I can connect with a browser to a content server from anywhere to my home without problems.

what I am looking for, is to connect my laptop Calibre to home content server and not from browser.

Is there a way?

Thank you
edabxv
edabxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by edabxv View Post
Hi,

I don't know if title would be clear, so:

I have Calibre intalled on my home machine and have content server running.

I can connect with a browser to a content server from anywhere to my home without problems.

what I am looking for, is to connect my laptop Calibre to home content server and not from browser.

Is there a way?

Thank you
edabxv
Not really:
Calibre is not Multi-user (or multi-user proof)

You could remote control your Calibre Computer (server) with Remote desktop connection (built in to Windows Pro versions) or VNC. In either case, be sure to use a strong password on the connection logon.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
edabxv
edabxv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for reply, but I now think that was probably wrong in my understanding. It has nothing to do with single or multi user. I can connect to Calibre Content server from more than one browser and this is what confused me.

The issue is that Calibre app itself does not have mechanism to connect to Content Server
edabxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by edabxv View Post
Thanks for reply, but I now think that was probably wrong in my understanding. It has nothing to do with single or multi user. I can connect to Calibre Content server from more than one browser and this is what confused me.

The issue is that Calibre app itself does not have mechanism to connect to Content Server
The Content serve is a Read Only connection to Calibre.

The multiuser problem is because more that 1 Write capable user can cause a change data that the others do not know about (and could also be attempting a change on the same data).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote