Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
Hi!
Hi! began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Prevent downloading tags when fetching metadata?

When I fetch metadata for a list of ebooks, oftentimes an abundancy of tags comes with it. This is a pain, because when I transfer the library to my sony, the tags become collections, way too many of them.

Is it possible to prevent the automatic downloading of tags?

Another thing, when I import LRFs, usually Calibre thinks the author name is the title and vice versa. I've had to manually correct this for dozens of books. Is there a way to do this in bulk?
Hi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi! View Post
When I fetch metadata for a list of ebooks, oftentimes an abundancy of tags comes with it. This is a pain, because when I transfer the library to my sony, the tags become collections, way too many of them.

Is it possible to prevent the automatic downloading of tags?

Another thing, when I import LRFs, usually Calibre thinks the author name is the title and vice versa. I've had to manually correct this for dozens of books. Is there a way to do this in bulk?
I don't know if it's possible to prevent them downloading, but they're easy enough to remove. Simply highlight the books in question, click on edit metadata and remove the unwanted tags.

I'm assuming that your books are named author name - book name. In Calibre, click on Preferences and then on Add/Save. The default assumes that the title is first. Simply put author in the first expression and title in the second. When finished it should read:

(?P<author>.+) - (?P<title>[^_]+)

Conveniently enough, there's a test box immediately beneath this box, so you can put in a file name and see what happens.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi! View Post
Have you created the LRFs? maybe you got them mixed up while making them.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
(?P<author>.+) - (?P<title>[^_]+)
Thanks Polly, that works very well.

About manually deleting tags: I figured that out already; I hoped there was a way to prevent having to do this chore from now on.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Have you created the LRFs? maybe you got them mixed up while making them.
No, the cause appears to have been the settings Polly described; I had title first, then author, while the filenames were the reverse.
Advert