Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

Device: kindle
Can i include .exe and .dll files to my plugin?

I would like to know if I can include .exe and .dll files within my plugin.

Let me explain, I want to add to my plugin, AudioBook_Duration, support for reading .zip and .rar files, with .zip everything goes great with python libraries but with .rar I need an .exe and .dll for windows to run the unrarTool , on linux and mac it can be installed by console.

Can I include these .exe and .dll files to decompress them and use them in a transparent way for the user, or should I attach them separately so that the user can add them or not?

I do not know if I explain myself, if there is no problem I will add them, as it is easier for the Windows user.
wiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not a programmer, but Calibre already unpacks RAR formated books.
It might be available to you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not a programmer, but Calibre already unpacks RAR formated books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
[...] the official calibre binary [...] comes with unrardll [...]
The wrapper documentation is here.
If you want to use your own wrapper, unrar.dll is located in C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\bin.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #4
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

Device: kindle
I saw the unrar.dll on app/bin folder but this folder is not the same for everyone, i'm sure there should be a variable for this path.

I'll search about it.

i whant to manage as many compresed files as i can but, custom libraries for each extension are a madness. (i saw about pyunpack and patool but i don't know how it work yet)

Thx both @theducks @Doitsu
wiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:13 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiso View Post
I saw the unrar.dll on app/bin folder but this folder is not the same for everyone, i'm sure there should be a variable for this path.

I'll search about it.

i whant to manage as many compresed files as i can but, custom libraries for each extension are a madness. (i saw about pyunpack and patool but i don't know how it work yet)

Thx both @theducks @Doitsu
Yes it is. Note, this is INSIDE the Calibre app folder, not the OS folder
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
calibre provides a Python API for RAR files. Using that inside your plugin avoids the need to worry about DLLs at all.

See calibre/utils/unrar.py
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote