Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #31
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Another good source in the quest for superiority in the office arms race is here.

Those with a historical bent might prefer offerings from here, but these are all outdoor gadgets.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #32
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I know, it's been brought up before, but way back in the ancient times of '04 was the last mention.

So, anyway, my daughter in law has one of those jobs where you get so mind-numbingly bored that all you can do to preserve your sanity is to surf the web while the supervisor is absent. (Now, just where might I have run into such a thing before?)

She came across this site. Thinkgeek.com. It is the most wonderful website ever! It has something for everyone: Taylor, Vivaldi, Marc, Marc, Ricky, Nekochan, Queen Zee, Marc (Funny how he keeps showing up), TinMouse, Geoff, Patricia (in case she ever wants to go work at a school that makes a real difference ), Uncle Duke, Ricky (again), Nate, Spartacus, and anyone else that I haven't thoguht of.

But, and here is my point, I have already picked out my Christmas present this year: JOY! Or, failing that...

So, put the vapor coolers on your credit cards and get shopping, folks!

Oh man!!! Too cool!! I could get a bunch of magnets there ... and eat my way through a ton of plain cake doughnuts at the same time!!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #33
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Another good source in the quest for superiority in the office arms race is here.

Those with a historical bent might prefer offerings from here, but these are all outdoor gadgets.
______
Dennis
Wanta wanta wanta!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Wanta wanta wanta!
this sounds like a job for THE DO WANT SQUIRREL !!!!

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #35
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

I want this, but it doesn't come for the Motorola Q Phone.
Advert
Old 08-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #36
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I want it for the UMPC that I will be buying sooooooon! It will just have to do until the flying cars arrive.

Anyone check on that back order list, recently?
Old 08-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #37
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
I want it for the UMPC that I will be buying sooooooon! It will just have to do until the flying cars arrive.

Anyone check on that back order list, recently?
What kind are ya buyin' ???? Can I have one toooo??
Old 08-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #38
pshrynk

Quote:
What kind are ya buyin' ???? Can I have one toooo??
It's coming down to the Fujitsu and an ASUS model that Bet Buy has on display. HP's recent release is making a quick pass on the inside track, however.

I hardly ever put this much thought into buying a computer. But there are such shiny bright things on the UMPC front that I want to optimax my choice.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #39
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
It was featured a few seasons back in a CSI episode where they used the fingerprints on the desk to decode what the person typed to crack the case.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #40
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I've been a loyal Think Geek customer for years. In fact, I love this T-Shirt (http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/itdepartment/595d/). I show it to people I'm interviewing who claim to have database design skills. If they don't laugh and agree on the spot, they don't get considered.

If they pass that test, then I ask them what the three most important aspects of database design. If they don't answer, "Normalize, normalize, normalize", they're on the street
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #41
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I've been a loyal Think Geek customer for years. In fact, I love this T-Shirt (http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/itdepartment/595d/). I show it to people I'm interviewing who claim to have database design skills. If they don't laugh and agree on the spot, they don't get considered.

If they pass that test, then I ask them what the three most important aspects of database design. If they don't answer, "Normalize, normalize, normalize", they're on the street
ACK!! Are you suggesting that we users are clueless?? Well, double ACK with chocolate on it. (And whipped cream too ... so there!)
Old 08-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #42
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Maybe they just don't have a sense of humor.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #43
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Maybe they just don't have a sense of humor.
Said by the man I never could get to smile.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #44
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Said by the man I never could get to smile.
That made me smile!
And even chuckle!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
That made me smile!
And even chuckle!
hey ricky, you finally did it !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness