Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-29-2016, 04:18 PM   #121
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
@downeaster59

The T62+ could do everything below - can the T63 do the same things?

Set the volume buttons to be page turn buttons.
Make the screen full screen always. I have button savior installed instead.
Is there a page refresh button?
There is a volume keys setting in Settings, but the T63 doesn't have volume buttons. No audio capability? I don't know for sure.

Yes, you can make the screen full screen always. I have Button Savior on my T63.

I haven't found a page refresh button. There are settings to control "fullscreen flush times" and "auto refresh time settings". But none of the physical buttons does a refresh, nor is there any button on the display that does it.

For more info, here is a link to the T63 description on Banggood.

Last edited by downeaster59; 11-29-2016 at 04:27 PM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #122
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
There is a volume keys setting in Settings, but the T63 doesn't have volume buttons. No audio capability? I don't know for sure.

Yes, you can make the screen full screen always. I have Button Savior on my T63.

I haven't found a page refresh button. There are settings to control "fullscreen flush times" and "auto refresh time settings". But none of the physical buttons does a refresh, nor is there any button on the display that does it.

For more info, here is a link to the T63 description on Banggood.
I don't care about audio capability, so no volume buttons doesn't matter much. Do the page turn buttons work in the Kindle app or Moon+ reader?

If there is no refresh button, the T63 won't work for me. I don't care for any of the built-in readers, and the refresh settings never worked for other readers.

Oh well.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #123
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't care about audio capability, so no volume buttons doesn't matter much. Do the page turn buttons work in the Kindle app or Moon+ reader?

If there is no refresh button, the T63 won't work for me. I don't care for any of the built-in readers, and the refresh settings never worked for other readers.

Oh well.
The page turn buttons work just fine in Moon Reader. Only one minor glitch: whenever I start reading, the first page turn requires two clicks. After that, one click does it every time. I haven't installed Kindle, so I don't know.

As for the refresh button: Granted that I've had the T63 barely over 24 hours now, but so far I have yet to feel a desire to have one so I could refresh. I have tried the built-in readers, Moon Reader, KOReader, and a couple of other apps (like Instapaper) that focus on reading. I have yet to see an issue with artifacts or ghosting. I agree that a refresh button would be better, but so far I haven't needed it. Since there is no button, I hope I won't need it!
Old 11-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #124
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The page turn buttons work just fine in Moon Reader. Only one minor glitch: whenever I start reading, the first page turn requires two clicks. After that, one click does it every time. I haven't installed Kindle, so I don't know.

As for the refresh button: Granted that I've had the T63 barely over 24 hours now, but so far I have yet to feel a desire to have one so I could refresh. I have tried the built-in readers, Moon Reader, KOReader, and a couple of other apps (like Instapaper) that focus on reading. I have yet to see an issue with artifacts or ghosting. I agree that a refresh button would be better, but so far I haven't needed it. Since there is no button, I hope I won't need it!
Thanks.
Did you need the refresh button on your T62+ using Moon+ reader or any other non built-in readers?
Old 11-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #125
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks.
Did you need the refresh button on your T62+ using Moon+ reader or any other non built-in readers?
With my T62, I needed it every now and then - not often, but enough to be grateful that I had it. As far as I recall, it didn't make a difference if I was using a built-in app or something like Moon Reader (or any other third party app).
Advert
Old 11-29-2016, 10:05 PM   #126
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
With my T62, I needed it every now and then - not often, but enough to be grateful that I had it. As far as I recall, it didn't make a difference if I was using a built-in app or something like Moon Reader (or any other third party app).
I need to do a screen refresh every 8 to 10 pages in Moon+. I guess you could turn the screen off and on to force a refresh.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:50 PM   #127
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I'll upload it to Dropbox and post a link soon.

Edit: Okay, here is the link. A short video, with me opening up CC and then a book in CC with Moon Reader. I then turn a few pages in Moon Reader with the page turn buttons. When I start reading, the first click never works. But it works from the second click on out.
that was great, thanks

page turns were pretty negligible, that was good to see. screen looks really nice
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:54 AM   #128
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
I need to do a screen refresh every 8 to 10 pages in Moon+. I guess you could turn the screen off and on to force a refresh.
I'll let you know if my experience with the T63 changes as I use it more. It does an auto refresh every now and then.

Edit: Here's one reason for me to feel a little stupid: I just realized that the T63 does a refresh every time I turn a page or use the buttons to scroll up or down in certain apps! The Onyx C67 I have is similar, so I never paid attention to it - until it finally occurred to me!

Last edited by downeaster59; 12-01-2016 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:57 AM   #129
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
that was great, thanks

page turns were pretty negligible, that was good to see. screen looks really nice
So far, the T63 looks like a nice upgrade over the T62. As I mentioned before, the Filemanager and Books "apps" are glitchy, but the device itself works fine.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #130
downeaster59
Wizard

Comparing the T63 to the Onyx C67ML Carta 2, one thing that immediately stands out is how much brighter the light of the C67 is. I have to turn the C67 light down to maybe three bars, or it's too bright. With the T63, I have to turn it up to maybe 40% brightness before it matches the brightness of the C67 at a lower setting. That's not a problem for me, as I much prefer a low light. I have also noticed that the top of the T63 display is slightly darker than the rest of it. Not a big difference, but noticeable.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:14 AM   #131
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'll let you know if my experience with the T63 changes as I use it more. It does an auto refresh every now and then.

Edit: Here's one reason for me to feel a little stupid: I just realized that the T63 does a refresh every time I turn a page or use the buttons to scroll up or down in certain apps! The Onyx C67 I have is similar, so I never paid attention to it - until it finally occurred to me!
Does the refresh in certain apps include non built-in apps? I don't use any of the built-in apps on the T62+ because they don't have anywhere near the capabilities of Android apps.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #132
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Comparing the T63 to the Onyx C67ML Carta 2, one thing that immediately stands out is how much brighter the light of the C67 is. I have to turn the C67 light down to maybe three bars, or it's too bright. With the T63, I have to turn it up to maybe 40% brightness before it matches the brightness of the C67 at a lower setting. That's not a problem for me, as I much prefer a low light. I have also noticed that the top of the T63 display is slightly darker than the rest of it. Not a big difference, but noticeable.
How does the brightness compare to the T62+? I only use the one or two bars settings or it's too bright. I am on the T62+ 20160211 build.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #133
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
How does the brightness compare to the T62+? I only use the one or two bars settings or it's too bright. I am on the T62+ 20160211 build.
I'd say that the T63 is less bright than the T62+. The lower settings are dimmer than anything you could get on the T62+. At one point, I installed an Onyx firmware on my T62+ because it allowed me to turn the frontlight lower. I found the T62+ frontlight way too bright.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #134
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Does the refresh in certain apps include non built-in apps? I don't use any of the built-in apps on the T62+ because they don't have anywhere near the capabilities of Android apps.
The refresh seems to work in all apps. I'll check again with Moon Reader, but I saw it happen in two or three other non-built-in apps. It happened at every page turn or scroll.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:07 AM   #135
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'd say that the T63 is less bright than the T62+. The lower settings are dimmer than anything you could get on the T62+. At one point, I installed an Onyx firmware on my T62+ because it allowed me to turn the frontlight lower. I found the T62+ frontlight way too bright.
For a few builds before the one I'm on were way too bright. The one I'm on finally reduced the brightness.