Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2018, 07:54 PM   #286
bobcat4
bobcat4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
su link was missing. fixup script doesn't fix it!
bobcat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #287
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat4 View Post
su link was missing. fixup script doesn't fix it!
The new bridge code does.

So either wait until that is ready, or fix it yourself (you don't need KUAL to toggle USB on/off nor to install the USB package, and kTerm is a simple drop-in).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #288
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeel View Post
Well that's fascinating.
The version was 1.6, as is the latest snapshot.
- - - - -
No, the current version is:
1.6.N-r14394
the revision level is a significant part of the version number.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:35 AM   #289
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Just wanted to thank you for this great stuff!

Thanks NiLuJe! (and thanks knc1 for helping out many people!)
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:11 PM   #290
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Finally got this update ready .

Bumped a few version numbers for good measure ;p.

This includes totally experimental KOA2 support where applicable (i.e., no RP/CRP, and not the JailBreak).

See bundled ChangeLogs/docs for details, proper releases will (maybe) happen after the release of the next Linaro TC.

Also, in case that wasn't already painfully obvious, discontinued the KOReader snapshots (good news: it's because they're not really needed anymore, see #2).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-30-2018 at 08:17 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2018, 12:14 AM   #291
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Cursory KOA2 testing results:
  • Very happy to report that the screensaver hack is working in both static image and cover mode!

• The font hack, on the other hand, is missing several key options in the "fonts" menu in KUAL? [screenshot attached]

I will note that replacing the condensed font with another font found stock on the kindle does work — just missing the "update fontconfig cache" option to test/use personal fonts

Thank you for your work here; I've really missed your hacks and am delighted to see them updated for the KOA2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2018_05_30T23_53_27-0400.png
Views:	233
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	164202  
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:35 AM   #292
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Thanks for updating the Screensaver hack!!! Downloading now and hope to install later today on my KOA2!!!

Tried to install and remembered how clueless I am with this device.

Koa2 is Jailbroken and I installed Python, I believe using ";log runme" but I can't enable the Screensaver hack which should have also been installed. The .bin files were both in /mrpackages folder. Is there something else I need to do? I could not find instructions relative to KOA2 usage.

Last edited by radamo; 05-31-2018 at 08:22 AM.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:34 AM   #293
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
The command for installing MR packages (bin files in /mrpackages folder) is ";log mrpi", not ";log runme" ...
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 AM   #294
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Thanks for updating the Screensaver hack!!! Downloading now and hope to install later today on my KOA2!!!

Tried to install and remembered how clueless I am with this device.

Koa2 is Jailbroken and I installed Python, I believe using ";log runme" but I can't enable the Screensaver hack which should have also been installed. The .bin files were both in /mrpackages folder. Is there something else I need to do? I could not find instructions relative to KOA2 usage.
Yes there is ...
Post the log file MrPI generates, let's read about what happened to both of the bin files.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:10 AM   #295
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes there is ...
Post the log file MrPI generates, let's read about what happened to both of the bin files.
This is the last entry...
Failed to extract package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_k t3_koa2.bin' (linkss 0.25.N I WARIO+ZELDA), skipping . . .

Python looks to have installed properly.

Last edited by radamo; 05-31-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:20 AM   #296
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes there is ...
Here is the file... and thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip mrinstaller.zip (27.3 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by radamo; 05-31-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #297
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@7hir7een: Fantastic, thanks for your feedback .

Which KUAL build is that? Because it's missing actual Oasis2 detection (c.f., the K?? in the bottom), which explains why you're not seeing some menu entries.

And a bonus question: If you're familiar with my stuff, do the monospace status messages that usually show up on the bottom of the screen actually show up on your KOA2, and are they actually printed at the bottom of the screen, or more somewhere around the middle?

@radamo: Hmm, let me add some more debugging output (like, say, the actual output from KindleTool) to the logs, and I'll get back to you...
Old 05-31-2018, 11:28 AM   #298
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@radamo: Try again with the latest MRPI snapshot (1.7.N-r14996) .

It may still not work, but at least we'll have a better idea of why in the logs .

@7hir7een: Ah, right, coplate's build is missing the last few commits to ID the Oasis2, let me backport that and I'll have a package ready later .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-31-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:50 AM   #299
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@radamo: Try again with the latest MRPI snapshot (1.7.N-r14996) .

It may still not work, but at least we'll have a better idea of why in the logs .

@7hir7een: Ah, right, coplate's build is missing the last few commits to ID the Oasis2, let me backport that and I'll have a package ready later .
Not getting anything now. I renamed the log file and my install "bin" for the screensaver is still in the mrpackages folder. When I enter ;log runme some data scrolls by quickly but nothing happens. I even tried redownloading the SS bin file.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #300
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@radamo: What 'data', exactly, and what does your RUNME look like?

(Also, double-check you haven't bungled the MRPI install, on the off-chance it's something trivial ).

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje