Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2021, 06:04 AM   #1171
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2, Onyx T68 Lynx
@Lan
Read the first post of this thread. You need to disable KFX downloads or use Kindle for PC 1.26 or earlier.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:36 AM   #1172
gottogetout
gottogetout began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA H2O
Hi,
This thread has been extremely useful for me too. Thanks to the help that has been given here.
For my part I NEVER buy ANYMORE eBooks on an Amazon store, but on the Kobo store or elsewhere, in a EPUB format. Less complications. I 'm the happy owner of a Kobo Aura H2O, since few years.

Last edited by gottogetout; 03-12-2021 at 04:41 AM.
gottogetout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2021, 09:02 PM   #1173
Lan
Lan began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei phone, PCwin10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
@Lan
Read the first post of this thread. You need to disable KFX downloads or use Kindle for PC 1.26 or earlier.
Ok, I read the first post posted on 02-06-2017, but I'm not sure which method I should try, cause all seems complicated steps for me. But i will try install back an older version Kindle first.
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:14 AM   #1174
Lan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan View Post
Ok, I read the first post posted on 02-06-2017, but I'm not sure which method I should try, cause all seems complicated steps for me. But i will try install back an older version Kindle first.
I don't know to check the hash thing (Version 1.17). Nothing look familiar to me. Check below.

Expected at least 1 args, received 0
CertUtil: Missing argument

Usage:
CertUtil [Options] -hashfile InFile [HashAlgorithm]
Generate and display cryptographic hash over a file

Options:
-Unicode -- Write redirected output in Unicode
-gmt -- Display times as GMT
-seconds -- Display times with seconds and milliseconds
-v -- Verbose operation
-privatekey -- Display password and private key data
-pin PIN -- Smart Card PIN
-sid WELL_KNOWN_SID_TYPE -- Numeric SID
22 -- Local System
23 -- Local Service
24 -- Network Service

Hash algorithms: MD2 MD4 MD5 SHA1 SHA256 SHA384 SHA512

CertUtil -? -- Display a verb list (command list)
CertUtil -hashfile -? -- Display help text for the "hashfile" verb
CertUtil -v -? -- Display all help text for all verbs
Old 03-13-2021, 06:46 AM   #1175
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Windows Explorer, go to the folder where you have the Kindle app setup file. In the address bar, type cmd. A command window will open in that folder. For the version of Kindle for PC 1.17 in the first post, enter this:

Code:
certutil -hashfile KindleForPC-installer-1.17.44170.exe SHA256
Check the result against the hash of that file in the first post.
Advert
Old 03-17-2021, 08:18 PM   #1176
Lan

Quote:
In Windows Explorer, go to the folder where you have the Kindle app setup file. In the address bar, type cmd. A command window will open in that folder. For the version of Kindle for PC 1.17 in the first post, enter this:

Code:
Thanks for your help. By the way, I'm reading the book in my huawei phone now (but not using android kindle).
Old 03-23-2021, 08:12 AM   #1177
Lan

Quote:

Code:
Done. Hash really come out as shown in page 1. Thanks again.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #1178
wsb
wsb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
cant Convert new Kindle Book

am very new to this. I purchased a book and now it keeps on saying, the content you're trying to read need the latest version. i had 1.17.
I cant even find where the books are located stored on my windows machine - i want to convert this to a mobi. can someone give me a lead?

This book had the tag "On PC & Mac, the latest version of the Kindle app is required" and i missed it.

I tried with kindle 1.26 but still to does not let me download the book only 1.30 allows me to do so. but then what I have is XXXXX.azw. MD file in my kindle content folder.

How can i convert this book to mobi?

----------------------

if there is a possibility please let me know the steps I'm a newbie to this.

Last edited by wsb; 03-27-2021 at 12:13 PM. Reason: more info
wsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #1179
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsb View Post
am very new to this. I purchased a book and now it keeps on saying, the content you're trying to read need the latest version. i had 1.17.
I cant even find where the books are located stored on my windows machine - i want to convert this to a mobi. can someone give me a lead?

This book had the tag "On PC & Mac, the latest version of the Kindle app is required" and i missed it.

I tried with kindle 1.26 but still to does not let me download the book only 1.30 allows me to do so. but then what I have is XXXXX.azw. MD file in my kindle content folder.

----------------------

K4PC keeps files in My Kindle Content
BUT why Mobi? AZW3 is what you get after DRM is gone and modern Kindle deal with that GREAT.

You may have a Fixed Format book, which does NOT convert.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:00 PM   #1180
finfun
finfun began at the beginning.

Device: Remarkable 2
Quote:
I'm still seeing reports of macOS 11.2.2 (M1 Mac mini) having trouble with DeDRM 7.1.0/calibre 5, but things work with DeDRM 6.8.1/calibre 4.23.
I really tried on a brand new MacBook with Catalina 10.15.7
First DeDRM 7.1/calibre 5 following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7A8GuQS8kg
Which looks OK, although it has been done by Epubor Studio, aren't they offering a competing solution?

Then I downloaded DeDRM 6.8.1/calibre 4.23.0 did add the plugins and run the terminal command, still nothing :-(

I really would love to be able to read my books on my new Remarkable 2 too.

Frustrating. Thanks for all the help!
finfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:19 PM   #1181
wsb
wsb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
K4PC keeps files in My Kindle Content
BUT why Mobi? AZW3 is what you get after DRM is gone and modern Kindle deal with that GREAT.

You may have a Fixed Format book, which does NOT convert.
Thanks but the filed I find in there are not AZW3 files ( you can see the screen shot) I don't mind AZW3 at all. This is just a novel it has no images or anything like that, released this week. Great if you can help me remove the DRM and actually help me identify the file. Only version that allows it is 1.30. Maybe its a new format they are using.

If i can get this to open in an older kindle half the problem is solved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Za-aqiAQ.png
Views:	52
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	186177  

Last edited by wsb; 03-27-2021 at 04:22 PM.
wsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:10 PM   #1182
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Fascinating. That's this book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08XZS8VMW/

Which is published by Penguin and appears to be a simple novel. And yet for some reason it insists on having the latest version of the Kindle app.

To avoid the irritating KFX format, you could try method 2 of the first page of this thread. Or if you had an E-Ink Kindle, you could try download and transfer via USB.

This might be a sign of some publishers trying to up the ante on DRM.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #1183
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8'', Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Fascinating. That's this book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08XZS8VMW/

Which is published by Penguin and appears to be a simple novel. And yet for some reason it insists on having the latest version of the Kindle app.

To avoid the irritating KFX format, you could try method 2 of the first page of this thread. Or if you had an E-Ink Kindle, you could try download and transfer via USB.

This might be a sign of some publishers trying to up the ante on DRM.
I tried to download the sample via USB transfer. No joy. Got an error and the promise they will investigate.

The USB transfer was not available for my old nontouch Kindles. Only for the Oasis, but it didn't work even so.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:45 PM   #1184
lkmiller
Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsb View Post

----------------------

Looks like it is KFX only. And KFX format can only be decrypted at this time if it is from Kindle for PC/Mac 1.26 or earlier.

Although it appears to be a simple English novel, I see it is sold by Random House India.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:55 PM   #1185
lkmiller
Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfun View Post
I really tried on a brand new MacBook with Catalina 10.15.7
First DeDRM 7.1/calibre 5 following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7A8GuQS8kg
Which looks OK, although it has been done by Epubor Studio, aren't they offering a competing solution?

Then I downloaded DeDRM 6.8.1/calibre 4.23.0 did add the plugins and run the terminal command, still nothing :-(

I really would love to be able to read my books on my new Remarkable 2 too.

Frustrating. Thanks for all the help!
Follow the instructions in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=508

If you need further assistance, go to Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub.