Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 01:30 AM   #631
ikkentobi
Enthusiast
ikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo h2o, kobo aura hd, onyx t68
Thx - I'll Try that this evening.

Is there a environment variable for the current % of the battery?
ikkentobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:43 AM   #632
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentobi View Post
Thx - I'll Try that this evening.

Is there a environment variable for the current % of the battery?
Look into adds/kbmenu/scripts_intern/tools/checkbattery.sh to see an example of how to retrieve the battary values.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #633
ikkentobi
Enthusiast
ikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo h2o, kobo aura hd, onyx t68
Thanks for your help, tshering. I just realized that I am still using KSM 8, and check_battery.sh is not
present in that version. Perhaps a good time for me to do the upgrade, ...
ikkentobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:16 PM   #634
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If it's just for checking the battery you can download the zip and check it locally.

There's not much to it in any case. There are these two files provided by the kernel:

/sys/devices/platform/pmic_battery.1/power_supply/mc13892_bat/capacity
/sys/devices/platform/pmic_battery.1/power_supply/mc13892_bat/status

The first tells you the supposed percentage, the second whether it's charging or not.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #635
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentobi View Post
Thanks for your help, tshering. I just realized that I am still using KSM 8, and check_battery.sh is not
present in that version. Perhaps a good time for me to do the upgrade, ...
KSM 8 does have check_battery.sh. Maybe your are looking at the wrong place. adds/kbmenu/scripts_intern/tools/checkbattery.sh is at the system partition (not at the user partition), and so is adds/kbmenu/onstart/poweroff.sh.

Last edited by tshering; 05-23-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Advert
Old 05-23-2019, 10:09 PM   #636
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
OT, (for the KOReader developers); It might be useful to add display of the Mini-Progress bar over the image, for sleep/suspend and poweroff.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:25 PM   #637
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Yes, it may be useful option, for quick info about some data.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:28 PM   #638
LAzenha
LAzenha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for this!
LAzenha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:56 PM   #639
sorg
sorg began at the beginning.

Device: SNE60
Hi !
I just installed KSM9 + Update 2 and the latest koreader version.
I tried to download some ebooks through the opds feature of Koreader but apparently, koreader refuses to write to /mnt/onboard .
Is it a permission issue ? Have i missed something ?
sorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:41 PM   #640
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg View Post
Hi !
I just installed KSM9 + Update 2 and the latest koreader version.
I tried to download some ebooks through the opds feature of Koreader but apparently, koreader refuses to write to /mnt/onboard .
Is it a permission issue ? Have i missed something ?
When you select a book, what "Download directory:" is listed? Can you change the download directory using the "Select another directory" option?

Do you get an error message?

Luck;
Ken

PS; Right now that is one directory (/mnt/onboard/) that I can download that I can download to. I quess Ineed to check that /mnt/sd/ is getting mounted RW.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-02-2019 at 07:52 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #641
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
KA1 in KSM9 does not turn on the screen backlight.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:44 PM   #642
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by makara View Post
KA1 in KSM9 does not turn on the screen backlight.
You might try to set a higher value for the frontlight with the help of "configure" in the main menu. Under the section [general] you can chose one of the following values:

frontlightOnLevel=4
frontlightOnLevel=10
frontlightOnLevel=15
frontlightOnLevel=20
frontlightOnLevel=30

The default value is 4. Maybe this is to low to be even noticed on your device.

Edit: You might have to toggle to the "full menu" to see the entry "configure".
Old 06-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #643
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
tshering, possible problem with setting time through wifi and KSM9.

I connected to wifi, checked that, but when using option to get time from time servers, I get current time displayed (1.1.2012 1:00).

I had battery run out, so I lost time and I tried to get correct time the fastest way, but it didn't worked for some reason. Not sure why, maybe something only on my device (KA1).

Later I manually set it up through koreader.

Any advice what to do?
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:49 AM   #644
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

tshering
Thank you, it's better.
I left KA1 for 2 days with the KSM 9 menu turned on, the battery was discharged to "0". Apparently, falling asleep books in this mode does not work.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #645
makara
Connoisseur

Mistake

Last edited by makara; 06-07-2019 at 11:07 AM.