Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-30-2018, 12:31 PM   #181
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I can't figure out how to use this as a launcher. I don't want a file manager, but I thought you were able to use this as a launcher. I just got a Likebook Mars and wanted to try it again. In advanced options I have it set to use as a launcher when I tap the home button, but it still opens as a file manager. The advanced options also let it open as a launcher for the library button or shop button, but I don't see either of those buttons. I have work mode set to use advanced settings.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Last edited by Purple Lady; 10-30-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:53 PM   #182
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I can't figure out how to use this as a launcher. I don't want a file manager, but I thought you were able to use this as a launcher. I just got a Likebook Mars and wanted to try it again. In advanced options I have it set to use as a launcher when I tap the home button, but it still opens as a file manager. The advanced options also let it open as a launcher for the library button or shop button, but I don't see either of those buttons. I have work mode set to use advanced settings.
Does anyone know how to do this?
I asked the same question back in post 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm a little confused. Is it possible to launch existing installed apps like Calibre Companion or Moon+Reader from this APK?
Of course it is possible.

The app can work in two modes:
- books manager only (picture 3)
- launcher and books manager (picture 1 and 2)

To have the bottom toolbar, where the app launcher, task manager, etc. functions are accessible you need to make your tablet use ReLaunchX as a launcher. Displaying the launcher toolbar all the time despite the work mode would be very confusing. When you have a different launcher active in the system you fall back to it whenever you press the device home button, exit from apps, etc.

For most devices it is as simple as to choose ReLaunchX when the device boots or when you press device home button after installing ReLaunchX, on other devices it may be tricky, possibly via device settings or eventually only through rooting.

ReLaunchX 2 as a launcher, default view
Attachment 161761

ReLaunchX 2 as a launcher, icons view
Attachment 161762

ReLaunchX 2 as a book manager only
Attachment 161763
Quote:
Thank you. I never noticed the bottom row before.
I attached what my setup looks like. The bottom center icon is All installed Apps, to the right of center is favorite apps and to the left of center are last used apps. You may have to go into settings to choose RelaunchX as your launcher.

By default it always starts to the file browser. This works for me since my main use is reading I use it to launch my books in Moon+ Reader Pro.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-11-11-12-53.png
Views:	830
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	167334  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #183
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I asked the same question back in post 122

I attached what my setup looks like. The bottom center icon is All installed Apps, to the right of center is favorite apps and to the left of center are last used apps. You may have to go into settings to choose RelaunchX as your launcher.

By default it always starts to the file browser. This works for me since my main use is reading I use it to launch my books in Moon+ Reader Pro.
I don't have a bottom row of icons, and I thought I remembered something like that. What version are you using? I downloaded 2.1.2 from the first post.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:55 PM   #184
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I don't have a bottom row of icons, and I thought I remembered something like that. What version are you using? I downloaded 2.1.2 from the first post.

Apparently you won't see the bottom row unless you open it as a launcher. If you are currently using Nova, go to android Settings - Apps, choose Nova and clear defaults, then press the home button or home icon. This should give you a choice of launchers to use from those installed.

FYI I have 2.1.0
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:20 PM   #185
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Apparently you won't see the bottom row unless you open it as a launcher. If you are currently using Nova, go to android Settings - Apps, choose Nova and clear defaults, then press the home button or home icon. This should give you a choice of launchers to use from those installed.

FYI I have 2.1.0
Thank you! I never would have figured that out. I was able to have Nova set as the default and use a home switcher app and change to relaunch.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #186
poorconsumer
poorconsumer began at the beginning.

Device: none
I love this launcher and it's very useful as a file manager, but is there still no way to hide .sdr folders with it? It clutters my books folder, and I can't seem to find a way to get rid of them. I've tried adding a dot to the start of the file to make it hidden, but that only makes me lose the progress I had on the book. I've also looked on the file settings, but apparently you can only filter files, not folders.
poorconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #187
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorconsumer View Post
I love this launcher and it's very useful as a file manager, but is there still no way to hide .sdr folders with it? It clutters my books folder, and I can't seem to find a way to get rid of them. I've tried adding a dot to the start of the file to make it hidden, but that only makes me lose the progress I had on the book. I've also looked on the file settings, but apparently you can only filter files, not folders.
Long-press "Upper level", un-tick "show hidden files" and everything starting with dot will disappear: files and folders. I don't see why you thought about changing the file names when the folder name already starts with dot so should be filtered out nicely.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #188
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Note: I have more important/interesting things to do recently than developing any new features for ReLaunchX which already does all what I need When working with legacy code the most time consuming activity is testing. I think, however, that I can do as all big corporations do nowadays , release a beta with "quick" changes to let you test it. Once you test it well, please give your feedback.

beta version 2.2 candidate candidate_2.2.zip

Bug fixes:
- none

New features:
- Filter settings include "hide dir" filters. These works in the opposite sense than file filters, i.e. file filters include what matches, "hide dir" hide dirs which matches. Dir filters should be (and will be) a separate filter configuration settings but as a quick feature test it's combined with file filters.

EDIT:
And as you probably already know, the builds which I include directly in the forum have different signature than the F-droid builds so the app can't be upgraded in place - export your ReLaunchX settings, uninstall, install the beta apk, import settings.

Last edited by plusz; 11-19-2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added installation guide
Old 11-20-2018, 12:47 AM   #189
poorconsumer
poorconsumer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Long-press "Upper level", un-tick "show hidden files" and everything starting with dot will disappear: files and folders. I don't see why you thought about changing the file names when the folder name already starts with dot so should be filtered out nicely.

It was never ticked in the first place. The folder ďoesnt start with a dot on my system. Thats odd.
poorconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:09 AM   #190
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorconsumer View Post
It was never ticked in the first place. The folder ďoesnt start with a dot on my system. Thats odd.
Than it's not .sdr but just sdr As usual try to be more specific to get better help from the community. Play with the beta version
Old 11-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #191
dancameron
dancameron began at the beginning.

Device: boox max carta
Relaunchx on Onyx Boox

I am hoping Plusz might take pity on me and include the Onyx Boox Max Carta in the list of supported devices (distinct from the original Boox Max and the new Max2) for relaunchx. I have tried versions 2.1 and 2.2, ignoring the “device not supported” message, and there seems to be major issues. For one, there is a responsiveness problem. I tap on a selection, the box flashes a different grey background, and then nothing happens. It can take many taps before the intended action occurs.
I have assumed that the intent of the box showing the current path is to allow the user to tap on some level of that path to go to that level. I get a “SELECT COLUMNS” pop up menu instead. Help please.
dancameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:41 AM   #192
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancameron View Post
I am hoping Plusz might take pity on me and include the Onyx Boox Max Carta in the list of supported devices (distinct from the original Boox Max and the new Max2) for relaunchx. I have tried versions 2.1 and 2.2, ignoring the “device not supported” message, and there seems to be major issues. For one, there is a responsiveness problem. I tap on a selection, the box flashes a different grey background, and then nothing happens. It can take many taps before the intended action occurs.
I have assumed that the intent of the box showing the current path is to allow the user to tap on some level of that path to go to that level. I get a “SELECT COLUMNS” pop up menu instead. Help please.
Wait, so you say there is no responsiveness problem prior to version 2.1? In such case I should take a look at the framework version used before. In general the responsiveness problem tends to happen only right after app installation. It seems to be java thing, until the app gets precompiled upon first use it is soo slow that the events from UI are missed.

The path button was never designed to work that way, though it's a good idea as well.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #193
dancameron
dancameron began at the beginning.

Device: boox max carta
Relaunchx on Max Carta

No, I have never tried versions older than 2.1. The unresponsiveness continues after multiple attempts to use the app.
dancameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:19 PM   #194
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancameron View Post
No, I have never tried versions older than 2.1. The unresponsiveness continues after multiple attempts to use the app.
The inherent problem of free software is that no money is involved in QA (quality assurance). I invested some of my time to keep the app usable but definitely I won't buy any additional hardware to test it. I'm sorry I can't help.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #195
Hisiru
Hisiru began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Thank you a lot for this amazing work! It's working fine on my Nook GLowlight 3. Finally I can read some manga and small comics like Tex, Dylan Dog and Walking Dead. It even runs manga apps to read online via wifi or PerfectView.

Unfortunately, Kindle Comic Converter didn't work for me, so this was my only option.

I am just having trouble trying to include functions in Glowlight 3's physical buttons but with more research maybe I can do that.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Hisiru; 12-15-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Hisiru is offline   Reply With Quote