Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 02:33 AM   #1
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xgody tablet, LG G3 (Android), moon+reader
Format copying fault

Odd one this. Everything I get from Amazon goes from Kindle via Calibre to my reader (Moon reader+). When I hit 'send to device' for single or multiple books it automatically selects the epub conversion and duly sends it . . . .

. . . until recently!!!!! Now I seem to have an 'exciting' wait to see if Calibre sends the epub version or the azw3 version!!!

1. I haven't changed any settings.

2. It is intermittent - sometimes I get epub, others azw3.

Obviously I can use the slow 'send specific format to..' using 3 clicks not 1, but what has happened and why? If it were constant I could search foi a faulty setting, but as it is I don't know where to start.
rbruce1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click the device icon in calibre, choose customize this device and untick epub from the list of formats to tsend to the device.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:13 AM   #3
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xgody tablet, LG G3 (Android), moon+reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Right click the device icon in calibre, choose customize this device and untick epub from the list of formats to send to the device.
Thanks for quick response (as ever . .!!) Kovid.

The Calibre device settings ahd indeed changed themselves to now include .mobi AND .azw3 as well as the chosen epub. I reset the 'configure this device' settings and all is now as it should be . . . .

Nothing I did though - from the dates of the books concerned I can only assume the (normally) infallible Calibre changed them on the date I did the last update . . . one to peruse perhaps??

But all sorted now.
rbruce1314 is offline   Reply With Quote