Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2024, 07:34 PM   #1006
HknGrss
Enthusiast
HknGrss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello. I'm using Kobo Forma and I can't see my books in Dropbox in KoReader. The same thing happened to me before and I fixed it somehow, but I can't do it now. Can you help me with this?
I am a Macbook user.
HknGrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 10:38 PM   #1007
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Did you follow the instructions in the How I managed to set up Dropbox cloud sync with KOReader step by step thread?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:00 AM   #1008
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
Put this on my 4 year old Forma with the 4.25x FW.

Works like a charm. I miss the old KSM with the Aura I had, since I could boot directly into Koreader.

This works fine, and this version of Koreader is much better than the one that was installed with KSM on my Aura.

I love the options in the File Browser of Koreader. Much more options and easier to navigate my books.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 02:27 PM   #1009
Turin Turambar
Turin Turambar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousdreamer View Post
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I installed the one-click package from this thread and have NickelMenu and KFMon working fine (Plato and KOReader also function fine).

Somehow, the .png images appear in My Books in Nickel/default Kobo interface. I don't want to delete them or move them just yet as I heard they might have some info on them that helps keep the programs running.

I checked the /Kobo/KOBOereader.conf and
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
shows up in there so I am not sure what else to do.

What should I do? Completely uninstall and reinstall this one-click package? Will I have to reinstall the tweaks I put in NickelMenu (thus backing up the config file beforehand)?
I had the same issue as you, I just bought a Kobo Elipsa, tried the one click package (ps1 version) to install KOReader and somehow, it silently failed in the edition of the config file, I don't know why. With Win11. But the rest worked fine.
I know it failed because later I opened the config file and the section was not there.

I will see later how it can be fixed.
Turin Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 01:37 PM   #1010
KaizaCorp
Enthusiast
KaizaCorp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Anyone had issues waking up from sleep? (ClaraHD on 4.38.21908 running KOReader 2024.03.1)

I went to read this morning and woke the ClaraHD up via the power button, the backlights came on but no screen change. Toggled it from sleep and awake a few times, still only the lights being affected. Held the button to power it off, and then powered it on but it didn't seem to boot properly (just gave a blank screen instead of the KOReader weekly stats, no backlights). Had to plug it in to get it to boot (battery was at 30%).

Didn't experience this on the previous KOReader version, so if it happens again I revert back to 2024.01 just to attempt to isolate the issue.
KaizaCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 01:50 PM   #1011
KaizaCorp
Enthusiast

A couple quick questions:

Is it safe to use the one-click install script to upgrade? (updating over wifi is not working on my Kobo Libra 2)

Will it preserve my settings?

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2024, 02:44 PM   #1012
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaizaCorp View Post
Is it safe to use the one-click install script to upgrade? (updating over wifi is not working on my Kobo Libra 2)
I personally just download the zip file and unzip it directly onto the Kobo to upgrade -- I've never lost any settings.

(I typically do OTS updates of just KOReader as I only have Plato out of curiosity, but when a Kobo OS update breaks things I do the unzip over the top)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 03:31 PM   #1013
KaizaCorp
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I personally just download the zip file and unzip it directly onto the Kobo to upgrade -- I've never lost any settings.

(I typically do OTS updates of just KOReader as I only have Plato out of curiosity, but when a Kobo OS update breaks things I do the unzip over the top)
Thanks, I will do it that way!
Old 04-05-2024, 03:47 PM   #1014
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just make sure that you unzip it in the correct location. I always look at the zip to remind myself of the layout and then look at the directory structure on the Kobo and then unzip it so that the files overwrite the same folders/files. I do it all from the terminal -- if you have Linux or MacOS I can give more specific instructions for doing it via terminal, if you need.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:17 PM   #1015
KaizaCorp
Enthusiast

Quote:
Just make sure that you unzip it in the correct location. I always look at the zip to remind myself of the layout and then look at the directory structure on the Kobo and then unzip it so that the files overwrite the same folders/files. I do it all from the terminal -- if you have Linux or MacOS I can give more specific instructions for doing it via terminal, if you need.
Thanks, got it updated without issue!
Old 04-10-2024, 04:24 PM   #1016
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaizaCorp View Post
Thanks, got it updated without issue!
Good to hear, glad it worked for you!
Old 04-14-2024, 03:40 AM   #1017
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I already posted this on 19 June 2023, and the problem persists: I don't know if this is hardware related, but more and more often, when I tap on the right side of the screen (Kobo Aura One) to turn the page of an epub, it goes 1 page backward (using the latest KoReader 2024.03). Any ideas?
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:59 PM   #1018
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
I already posted this on 19 June 2023, and the problem persists: I don't know if this is hardware related, but more and more often, when I tap on the right side of the screen (Kobo Aura One) to turn the page of an epub, it goes 1 page backward (using the latest KoReader 2024.03). Any ideas?
Have you ever played with the custom tap zones in the advanced settings? Is is possible that the zone size was changed?
Old 04-16-2024, 09:55 AM   #1019
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
Quote:
Have you ever played with the custom tap zones in the advanced settings? Is is possible that the zone size was changed?
no, never
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato