Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Reasons for Out of Stock?

Will be following up with more comprehensive thoughts on my reader - particularly as it applies to handwriting features for work purposes as that is an area that hasn't particularly been covered to date. But did want to say that my Sony came with some extra slips of paper in the case explaining that pdf's may not always work the way you expect or hope - wondering if this was the cause of the delay? Did anyone else get this? Particularly the early recipients?

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I just got mine yesterday and had the same note inside. I also noticed that the box had been opened and resealed like I've read on some other posts.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 04:21 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
Will be following up with more comprehensive thoughts on my reader - particularly as it applies to handwriting features for work purposes as that is an area that hasn't particularly been covered to date. But did want to say that my Sony came with some extra slips of paper in the case explaining that pdf's may not always work the way you expect or hope - wondering if this was the cause of the delay?
Unlikely. The ADE software on the PRS-600 (the software which displays PDFs) is identical to that on the older models.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
It sounds like legal had given input that the warning should be included to chill future class action lawsuits by the attorneys out there who look for reasons to sue big targets and then collect fees out of the settlement.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
On my way to buy a silver 600 from the local store... will check both version of the software and documents included...
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
UK version has the leaflet about PDFs
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
I got one of the first shipped directly from Sony (August 25) and it had a yellow insert - "Note on browsing PDF documents using the Reader." Is this the one you are referring to?

It also had a caution concerning listening to loud music.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
On my way to buy a silver 600 from the local store... will check both version of the software and documents included...
Included in my box:

Quick Start Guide
Pouch
USB Cable
Note on browsing PDF documents using the Reader
Read this important information before using your audio product.
Limited Warranty
and, of course, the Reader in its foam bag....

Firmware version out of the box: 1.0.00.06260

Firmware version after update: 1.0.01.08040

PS - Got the Silver unit with a brown cover...

Last edited by wachuko; 09-10-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
What does that note exactly say?
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #10
wachuko
eBook Worm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
What does that note exactly say?
Exactly? This...

Old 09-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Thanks, wachuko! It seems to me that there is nothing really new in that note, so I doubt it has any relationship with the PRS-600 being out of stock.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote